32

Johnson

"How's she doing?" Taylor asks quietly from the driver's seat.

"She's just sleeping." I say and stroke Brooklyn's hair. We finally arrive home, good thing we get on a plane in two days. Can you taste my sarcasm?

When we arrive home I carry Brooklyn into her room, I lay her down on her bed and she slightly opens her eyes, "Johnson?" She says in a sleepy voice.

"Yeah B?" I say and sit on the edge of her bed.

"Stay here." she says and scoots over in the bed to give me room.

"Want to tell me what happened that made you drop that vase?" I ask while playing with her long brown hair.

"I was thinking about Jack. He told me I wasn't good enough for him last night. Now I've lost Jack and he was the only thing distracting me from-" her breathing hinges and I can tell she is crying.

"Shh, B, it's okay you don't have to keep going." I coo to her, knowing what she meant by what she's distracted from.

"It's so hard." she whispers. I don't know what to say, she's right, this is hard. There's nothing I can really say to fix it because what is there to fix?

This is one situation that may take a little more than a few words to solve it.

~~~

Hayes

I was wearing a white button up and some dark blue khaki shorts with Sperry's. I was a little nervous, I don't know why, considering I have never felt any feelings towards Angela at all.

I fix my hair a little bit in the mirror by my front door and straighten my collar. I take a deep breath, "this will be good for you, Hayes," I say to myself in the mirror, "you can get over her."

I take one last look at myself and then walk out the front door. I get into my car and start it up. Of course No Flex Zone is on and I start cranking behind the wheel. I pull out of my drive way while rapping along to the song and finally manage to make my way to Angela's house in one piece.

I knock on the door with sweaty hands and anxiously await for her to open the door. "Coming!" I hear from the other side of the door. I hear loud footsteps running towards the door and Angela stands on the other side. She looks beautiful to say the least. Her dress is black and has a lace top and solid bottom, her hair is nice and straightened and though she's wearing a lot of makeup it looks good. (Her dress is where the pictures show up)

"Hey, Hayes." she says happily.

"Hey Ang. Let's go." I say back and she nods, walking outside and locking her door.

I open her car door for her and she smiles, climbing into the passenger's seat. I walk around and get into the driver's seat.

The car ride has been painfully quiet. Angela has been picking at her finger nails and I've been staring at the road not saying anything. "Hayes?" Ang finally speaks up.

"Yeah?" I say back, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Why did you decide to ask me out?" She asks, I see her continuing to pick her nails out of the corner of my eye.

"Well, I don't know, I felt like it was something we both need." I say honestly.

"That was a really good answer." she says and starts laughing.

I laugh with her and we pull into the restaurant parking lot. "I hope this isn't too fancy." I pull the key out of the ignition and she shakes her head no.

We walk hand in hand to our reserved table and we start talking and flirting over dinner.

She's honestly an amazing girl.

This could work.

~~~

Brooklyn

"Hey B," I hear from the doorway. I open my eyes and see Johnson standing there.

"Hey Jj." I say with a crackly voice.

"We have to get to an event in two hours, if you feel up to it." he says and I sit up.

"Of course I'm up to it but I have to shower." I say and he nods, walking out of the room.

I slowly make my way to the bathroom on the crutches. I still don't really know how to use them and I almost lose my balance when I finally make it in the bathroom. I disrobe slowly and carefully, and make it into the shower. I sit on the ground and turn on the water, putting my foot on the edge of the tub so it wouldn't get wet.

I finish, and struggle out of the tub from the position I'm in. I change into a pair of high waisted jean shorts that I roll up on the bottom since they're a little long. I put on a light pink tank top that I tie in the front and a grey cardigan on top of that. I do some normal makeup, neutral eye shadow, liquid eyeliner on top, crayon on my waterline, and three different mascaras to coat my lashes. I fill in my eyebrows and then move onto my hair.

I decide to just straighten it, not really in the mood to do anything else, and I check the time. I still have an hour to spare before we leave so I pull out my camera to do the video that our managers requested.

"Hey lovely beautiful Brooklunitics! I'm doing a quick, but important, video, so no editing will be done, so bear with me please haha."

"I just wanted to start by saying that there are a lot of things that you guys don't know about me, but that you will learn. I mean I have only been filming YouTube videos and vines for like 6 months now. So, before and during the times I was going to school during my internet life, I wasn't very popular. I mean in you followed me on Instagram or any social media you know I barely existed before I dated Nash's brother."

I laugh a little to cover the aching pain that comes with thinking of him, "it's been really hard for me to admit this, but I was a loser. My only friend was Taylor, I literally did nothing but homework and filmed stupid vines. But, I want you guys to know that it wasn't all that bad. I loved school so much, I just didn't like the people. And if you are anything like I was, it gets better. If it doesn't get better soon, it will be better later, when all the idiots with the friends and the parties work for your multi billion dollar corporation. Alright, I love you guys and if you're coming to the first LA show then I'll see you in two hours!!!" I say and blow a kiss to the screen.

I turn off the camera and plug my camera into the computer. The video downloads on to my computer and then straight on to YouTube. it takes a little over 20 minutes for it to finish the uploading process and I post it on YouTube.

"Brookles!" Taylor calls for somewhere in the house.

"Coming!" I yell back and grab my crutches and hobble out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~