20

Taylor

I wake up to the faint sound of ringing and vibrations. I lift my head and see my phone ringing on my nightstand.

I pick it up to ignore the call, and I see its Brooklyn and my manager, Tod.

(M- Taylor T- Tod)

M- Hey, Tod.
T- Hey, Taylor, did you just wake up? Your voice sounds raspy.
M- Yeah I did, so what's up?
T- Well, I'm calling you at 7 on a Saturday to tell you that we've moved the tour to sooner!
M- um.. how much sooner?
T- Well we were thinking we fly you. and Brooklyn to California in a week to start talking about the tour and the tour would start 5 weeks from today instead of 9 weeks from today.
M- oh wow yeah that sounds fantastic! I'll tell Brooklyn the news!
T- alright sounds great, talk to you later Taylor.

End

"Fuck." I whisper to myself, "Brooklyn is going to kill me."

~~~

Brooklyn

My bed is my only friend.

Since Wednesday my week has just gotten worse and worse. Everyone stared at me in the hallways, they laughed at me and I went back to being the lonely nerd, I just got constantly talked about.

My mind has never felt so numb before, it feels like I am constantly being punched over and over and my brain hurts. Between school and Hayes, and if Gilinsky could ever like me, my brain was way too preoccupied.

I stare at my ceiling, trying to motivate myself to get up, when Taylor walks in the room.

"Hey Brookles." He says, sounding slightly nervous.

"Hi, Tay" my gaze doesn't leave the ceiling.

"So I have some news, its pretty big so don't interrupt me till I'm done, okay?" I turn my head slightly to look at him with one eyebrow raised, signaling for him to continue. "So, Tod called, and he told me that he wants us to go on tour, not just any tour, a Taylor and Brooklyn sibling tour across the US." he says with a large smile.

My smile grows, and as happiness builds inside of me and I'm about to say something, Taylor cuts me off. "But, we have to go to California in a week to meet with our management and the guests for the shows, like Nash, Carter, Matthew, Jacob and Shawn, and Cameron." As Taylor talks my smile continues to grow, a bunch of my favorite people, all together, on a tour that I'm headlining.

"TAYLOR STOP BABBLING OF COURSE ILL GO." I say and wrap my arms around his neck. He chuckles and hugs me back. He tells me to start packing and getting ready and then goes to exit my room.

Right before he gets out he turns around and says "oh and in order to save money we are staying with Jack and Jack while we're in Cali love youuuu" he runs away like the scared little girl he is.

I smile to myself, feeling nothing but pure happiness, I was going to go to California, I could make new friends, I wouldn't have to come back home until the tour was over. Though Taylor left me with barely any answers, I start to pack, making sure to take only the cutest of my clothes.

As I sit and try to decide between my black skater skirt and my grey one, my phone starts playing "Cyclone" by Baby Bash, signaling my phone is ringing.

I look at the screen and see Nash's name.

(N= Nash B=Brooklyn)

B: Why hello Nashy
N: Hello Brooklyn, I understand you've heard about the tour
B: yes! I'm so excited! Which shows are you guest starring at?
N: That's what I was calling to tell you, I talked it out with my manager and Tod and well, I'm going to all of them!
B: I guess I can't get away from you now
N: haha very funny
B: okay well I have to go, packing and all, I'll talk to you later
N: Wait, Brooklyn, aren't you going to talk to Hayes?
B: why would I talk to someone who never wants to see me again?
N: Brooke, he-
B: Goodbye Hamilton.

End

I sigh and rub my temples, trying to forget about that conversation.

"Taylor!" I yell.

"Whaaaaaaaaat" he opens the door to my room and whines at me.

"I have a few questions about this tour." I pat my bed for him to come sit next to me.

"Okay, shoot." he jumps on my bed next to me.

"Okay, how long is it, where are we going, what's happening with school, when are we telling the fans?" I say the questions and watch as Taylor rolls his eyes.

"It's probably going to be around 6 months long, I don't know the exact locations but I do know we'll spend 3 days at each city, and you're going to online school and we'll tell the fans when we get to California. Is that all?" Taylor's words ring through my ears.

My dream since 4th grade, online school. Never having to associate with the idiots in my grade, doing everything on my own! I'm beyond happy, I'm dizzy with euphoria.

"Brooklyn?" Taylor says, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"You have no idea how ecstatic I am, Taylor" I say smiling widely.

"I knew you would be, so I had dad unregister you on Friday." Taylor smirks and my jaw drops.

After a few more minutes of perfuse thanking and brotherly love, Taylor leaves to go pack himself.

I look around my room, overwhelmed by the amount of clothes and by the 6 months worth of packing I have to do.

I stand up, brush off my pants and grab my keys.

"Tay I'm going for a ride." I say and leave the house. I hop into my Escalade and drive towards the highway.

My mind is consumed with thoughts as I merge onto the highway. I find myself thinking about when Hayes and I went on a date to the mountains, he insisted he drove even though he had no idea where to go. We ended up getting lost and having to sleep in the car. I laugh about the memory, mentally cursing myself for thinking about him.

His hurtful words play back in my head, over and over as I try my best to get over what he said, "I never want to see you again."

I hope he knows every word he said left a scar on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~