19

Angela

There's a knock on my door, I assume it's Brooklyn, "come in!" I yell, too lazy too stand up.

Brooklyn walks into my house, the second I see her I gasp, "what has gotten my precious all messed up?" I coo, looking at her face is atrocious.

Her whole face is red and blotchy, her makeup is running from her eyes to her chin, she looks like she hasn't slept in months, her hair is in disarray and she's just a mess.

"Hayes fucking Grier." she says and starts wailing, tears pouring endlessly.

"Oh god I knew it. I knew the day I saw you two together that this stupid agreement wouldn't turn out right. I knew Hayes was going to hurt you because she's too hard headed to admit his feelings." I start rambling, brushing Brooklyn's hair in the process.

"The only f-f-feelings he has are hatred. and I don't blame him after what I did! I'm stupid and he's right I'm just a slut and I never should have agreed to this." she cries, wiping her eyes with her fingers like windshield wipers.

"What did you do?" I ask in a threatening tone I didn't intend on having.

"I-I-I slept with-th G-G-Gilinsky!" She finally gets the words out, whining and sniffling like a small child.

"Calm down, Brooklyn!" I say forcefully, her tears getting on my nerves. "Now I know you didn't come to me for sympathy because if you did you can walk out that door. Look, you slept with Jack, probably a drunken mistake," she nods her head and lays down opposite of me on the couch, "okay, you and Hayes weren't technically dating, he said no strings attached, you went to have a good time and if Hayes doesn't see that you did nothing wrong then he's stupid. Everything happens for a reason, my mom used to always say 'there is no such thing as an accident; it is fate misnamed.' so if you fucked Jack and now Hayes hates you, then maybe you're supposed to be with Jack. Either way, it will work out in the end." finally she stops sniffling, she nods and gets up to hug me.

"Thank you, Ang." she whispers as she hugs me, "you honestly helped more than you think you did." Brooklyn grabs her keys, waves and walks out the door.

I pick up my phone, "this boy is about to get a mouthful." I say under my breath and dial Hayes's number.

(H is Hayes A is Ang)

H: You just talked to Brooklyn didn't you.

A: yeah I did, are you fucking insane Hayes?

H: Angela what do you want me to do? She fucked another guy!

A: It's not like you told her you liked her! You can't be mad at her Hayes!

H: Watch me.

End of call

"Mother fucker." I say to myself and throw my phone down next to me on the couch.

~~~

Brooklyn

After leaving Ang's house I head back home, half for my dad and half for my mom because she told me to.

I pull into the garage, shaking a little bit because the last words I said to my dad were "Fuck you Nick."

I open the door to the house and I see my dad sitting with his head in one hand, the other holding his phone. "Janessa what do you want from me? You don't have any legal rights to her anymore she is my daughter." "I don't care if the day she turns 18 she'll leave she's my daughter you left her!" "Don't play that bullshit with me you didn't have to leave we could have been civil, Janessa!"

I walk up to him and put my hand on his shoulder, he jumps a little, then looks up, "Janessa I have to go Brooklyn just got here." he hangs up before he can hear her response.

"I'm sorry." we both say at the same time. "Why are you sorry?" We say at the same time again. We both laugh, knowing this was apology enough. He wraps me in a hug and kisses my forehead.

"You can go if you really want to." he says into my hair.

"I want to stay." I say back into his chest and he squeezes me tighter.

After a few more minutes of talking things out, apologies, and hugs, I say goodnight to my dad and head up to my room.

What do I do about Hayes? He doesn't want to see me anymore, he hates me and I really like him.

My heart beat turns into a thousand drums and my stomach feels like hundreds of butterfly wings are flapping around in it. My eyes start to water again, I have to stop thinking about him.

The only thing that is worse than the fact that Hayes and I broke up is that I have to go back to having no friends, and being the weird loser who is way too into her school work for another two years.

I'm just praying that the next two years go by faster than the last two have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hello loves,

I hope yall are enjoying the book, but I wouldn't know cuz yall slack with the comments and votes.

Lmao I'm just kidding, but I do appreciate when you guys comment and stuff because then I know that you actually like what's happening.

Let's try this;

Comment here what you want to see happen in the book!

Love yall xoxo @totallytesss