Chapter 17: Serpent

Start from the beginning

He let out a "hmm". Sigurado namang alam niya na ang nangyari. With the look he's giving me, I have no doubt that he's pissed that I haven't messaged him about it. Something that I planned to do once he's back in the real world, but I ended up forgetting.

"So where do you go this time?" I asked.

"Te Araroa. It's a four-month hike." His eyes narrowed into a slit. "Did you break your fingers recently? Because I could have sworn that I haven't received anything from you telling me that you almost died once and you also almost got kidnapped twice."

"Uhh—"

I could have kissed Olena when she chose that moment to interrupt us. Kasunod niya si Gun na siyang nagbabantay sa akin ngayong araw na ito. Domino was needed in the Dagger's office for a moment, but he's probably on his way back.

"You," Olena said, pointing at Adrien. "Stretch."

The man gave me a look that is telling me that our conversation wasn't over before he did what our couch asked him to do.

Olena turned to me. "Have you been well?"

I nodded and gave her a small smile. "About the incident at the studio—"

She waved her hand dismissively. "It's just blood. Those handsome men cleaned everything up before the day ended."

I wasn't even surprised by her. There's not a lot that fazes Olena. "But the dancers. Are they okay? I was worried that they would drop out because of what happened."

"You survived a plane crash, and all of those things that happened to you—did that stop you from dancing?" Umiling ako dahilan para umangat ang sulok ng mga labi niya. "I don't coach ballerinas without a spine made out of steel."

Pinasadahan niya ako ng tingin. Her eyebrows furrowed, and the jovial mood I was in instantly turned into dread.

"You've gained some weight."

"Sorry—"

"That's good." Inangatan niya ako ng kilay nang makita niya ang pagkulat sa mga mata ko. "What? I've been telling you to put some in, but did you listen? No. There is a standard weight for ballerinas, yes. But no one told you to be as thin as paper. I certainly didn't. What I want is a healthy dancer." She clicked her tongue as she circled around me. "You've achieved a lot. But if you suddenly collapse, it wouldn't surprise me. In fact, I have been expecting it."

Kung nandito si Domino at naririnig ang mga sinasabi niya ay baka proud na proud na iyon. His hard work has paid off.

"Do not lose this." She held my eyes with her sharp ones. "You can put on a little more. But I like this better than before."

I let out a sigh. "Yes, coach."

With a content nod, she crossed her arms. "Now show me around this beautiful glass house."

I did as she asked. She oohed at ahhed, clearly impressed by the dance studio. Adrien, who's still stretching, did the same while he watched us try the different features of the glass house.

A few minutes later, Adrien and I were both ready.

He took off his baggy gray pants. He's already wearing his black training tights underneath, which he paired with his black fitted shirt, highlighting his ripped body.

Male ballerinas are often on the leaner side, but Adrien is different. He's more muscular and bulkier. Mga rason kung bakit nagugulat ang mga taong hindi nakakakilala sa kaniya kapag sinasabi niya na ballerina siya.

Most of the men in the industry are usually looked at as too soft. I've known people who have had their sexuality questioned again and again. They wear tights, people think they are too skinny, they are often on arches and tiptoes, and other more reasons people can nit pick about them. Things that people think are unbecoming for "straight" men. As if being straight should be considered as an achievement.