13) The last day

Aurelia was with Elena, Stefan, and Elijah in the living room talking about tonight. "Tonight, is the full moon we should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse" Elijah said.

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse is fake that it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus" Stefan said.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline the curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting but if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid" Elijah said.

"And then we area all doomed unless you manage to kill him" Aurelia said.

Damon walked in the room. "Then why are we letting him break the curse we can kill him today with Bonnie" Damon said. "Damon" Stefan said.

"No Bonnie can't use that much power without dying" Elena said. "I'll write her a great eulogy" Damon said.

"Not sure how helpful that be considering you two don't exactly get along" Aurelia said.

"It's not an option Damon" Elena said. "Alright how do we break this curse" Stefan asked.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward the ingredients so to speak you already know" Elijah said. "The moonstone" Stefan said.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone free that Klaus being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each" Elijah said.

"And where do I fit into it" Elena asked. "The final part of the ritual Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger till the point of your death" Elijah said.

"And that's where you come in" Aurelia said after realizing everyone was quiet.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina it possesses mystical properties of resuscitation" Elijah said.

"So, I'll be dead" Elena said. "And then you won't" Elijah said.

"That's your plan magical witch potion with no expiration date you want to come back to life" Damon said. "You have any other bright ideas" Aurelia asked. "What about John's ring" Damon asked.

"Those rings only work on humans the doppelgänger's a; supernatural occurrence odds are the ring won't work" Elijah said.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir" Damon said. "What if it doesn't work Elena" Damon asked.

"Then I guess I'll just be dead" Elena said. Damon then left the room. "Do we know if Klaus has everything, he needs to do this does he have a werewolf" Elena asked.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years if he doesn't already have a werewolf my guess is by tonight, he will" Elijah said.

"As much as I would love to help, I'll be busy chaining myself up, so I don't kill your all even though half the time I'm tempted to" Aurelia said. "Especially you Elena" Aurelia added.

>>>

Elena and Aurelia were with Elijah when Stefan went to talk to Damon.

"You think he'd understand why I'm willing to do this" Elena asked.

"It's Damon he would do everything he can to save you along with Stefan no matter who gets hurt they'll always put you first" Aurelia said holding back tears and Elijah looked at her. "Why are you" Elijah asked turning back to Elena.

"I'm the key to breaking the curse Klaus is here because of me if I don't stop him then he's gonna hurt people it's that simple" Elena said.

"You know there's a possibility this elixir won't work I don't want to mislead you" Elijah said.

"I know the chance I'm taking" Elena said. They heard a door shut as they looked. "Get out" Jenna said. "Jenna, Jenna" Alaric said.

"Get out" Jenna said. "Guess we should go over there" Aurelia said.

"Jenna put the crossbow down okay it's me" Alaric said and Stefan and Damon made their way to them. "Stay away from me" Jenna said.

Elena, Elijah, and Aurelia made their way to Jenna and Alaric. "What's going on" Elena asked.

"It's me Elena I swear okay he let me go Klaus let me go" Alaric said. "Prove it" Damon said.

"Okay uh first night you and I spent together Jeremy walked in right when I was" Alaric said and Jenna interrupted him.

"Okay it's him" Jenna said and put the crossbow down. "Why'd Klaus let you go" Aurelia asked.

"He wanted me to deliver a message the sacrifice happens tonight" Alaric said. "Huh cool well good luck with that" Aurelia said and left the room. "Excuse me" Elijah said and followed Aurelia.

>>>

"You didn't have to follow me up here" Aurelia told Elijah and turned to face him. "I wanted to see if you're okay" Elijah said.

"I'm fine" Aurelia said. "You don't have to lie to me" Elijah said and Aurelia couldn't help but get lost in his eyes.

"Damon, Stefan, and I used to be really close I often came and visit when I had the chance and while I understand friendships fall apart it's just lately it seems like all they care about is Elena I get that their just trying to protect her who could blame them for that but it feels like that before her I was there for them when she wasn't and deep down if it came down between me and her I knew they'd choose her if do anything for them but they wouldn't for me but for Elena they would I'm a second choice to them I knew the moment I met Elena I saw it" Aurelia said. 

"They care about you" Elijah said. "Yeah, if that was the case then why did they wait months to get back in contact with me again just to help Elena" Aurelia asked.

"Well if it were up to me, you be my first choice always" Elijah said. "Thanks" Aurelia said smiling.

"You have a beautiful smile" Elijah said making Aurelia blush. Well, I would love to stay but even though you can't die I hate to bite that pretty face of yours off" Aurelia said.

"Am I dreaming or are you being nice to me" Elijah asked. Aurelia just shook her head smiling before leaving.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.

Updates on Fridays

Sorry for not posting everyone it's been a little tough we just recently lost one of our dogs