Chapter 37

***Connor's P.O.V.***

As the flight lands I am dreading my return to the offices. Now, I love my job, but sometimes it just gets a bit too much.

After settling in at my house I'm on my way back to my office. I'm living my normal life again where limos take me everywhere I go and I live in a giant mansion and people praise me when I walk through the door of my offices. I see Tanya first thing, she's sitting typing hastily on the computer in front of her.

"Hello Tan" I greet her, she looks up at me pushing her glasses up her nose.

"Mr. Franta! Oh hello, Bethany just came in, she went upstairs, I'll call her" She dials Bethany on the phone and she says a few "yes", "uh-huh", "Yea he's here" Before she hangs up.

Bethany meets with me seconds later. I had to go back to my house as Bethany came back to the headquarters.

"Ok, what's for me to do?" I ask her.

"Look over the final copy one last time, and then Dan said he had something to tell you, but he wouldn't tell me what" She shrugs.

"Um, alright, get me the final copy, I'll be in my office, bring me Dan and when your ready the final copy."

She nods and walks off her separate way.

I go directly to my office which had been kept clean while I was gone. Papers lined up evenly on my desk.

I sit down and start to browse the computer, I check some emails and I check Twitter. I'm immediately relived when I see no sign of Troye and I at the airport.

"Mr. Franta" I look up to see Dan standing in the door frame.

"Yes, Dan, come in" I turn from the computer so I'm facing him as he takes a seat in the chair across from me. "Bethany said you wanted to speak to me?"

"Oh, yea, about that..." He laughs nervously and I know he's done something I wouldn't approve of. "Well, you know how you have been saying you wanted a new assistant, well actually you mentioned it a few years ago but..."

"Dan." I interrupt him. "Did you hire someone to be my assistant, without my consent?!"

"Well... kind of" He starts to speak really fast to clear things up. "Ok so you said you needed a new assistant, and he'll only be here a few days a week and you already know him, so I just promoted him and got someone else to replace his job" Dan sits awkwardly in his chair, as he would when he knows that I'm about to yell at him.

"Ok, well, who is it?" I groan, almost scared to know who it is.

"Um..." He's reluctant to say it. "It's Phil."

A wave of relief rushes over me after I know it's Phil. Phil's been my limo driver for years and I know he's trustworthy so I begin to feel proud of Dan's decisions.

"Ah, as long as he doesn't disappoint, that's fine. You're dismissed" I turn back to my computer and Dan runs a hand through his hair as he gets up.

Without saying anything he leaves passing Bethany who is now walking in.

"Here's the final copy" she places the magazine on my desk.

I start to flip through the pages examining each closely. Bethany hovers over me while I read each one. After I finish reading the magazine I hand it to her.

"Perfect. Job well done, send it in" She takes it and nods.

I turn back to my computer and I am able to accomplish much of my work over the time I spend in the office.