Chapter 1

***Troye's P.O.V***

He's a fucking asshole.

Of course if I said that to him I would be slapped.
***

When I was the age of 17 I had just moved to LA, all the way from Australia along with the rest of my family. I thought I wouldn't make any friends, but I did.

I met a nice guy, he was 2 years older than me but we were so in love we didn't care. We would take nice walks and have nice picnics and write little stupid songs together. It was the best of times, with the best of all guys.

Then it was my 18th birthday. On that day he had taken me out to a nice dinner and asked me to be his boyfriend. I was now dating my best friend.

Then it came his 21st birthday. After 3 years of our lovely relationship it was ruined. It was ruined by alcohol. The damn alcohol. It started out as an ok night, I wasn't allowed in a bar or anything because I was only 19, but now that he was 21, he was allowed in. I stayed home that night. My parents were gone out to dinner, and my siblings all had left to go out with friends on that Friday night.

When a knock came about the door at 11pm I was assuming it was parents since they would never stay out late. But when I saw him standing there I was confused. He was obviously drunk by his poor footing and look upon his face.

"Hello Tyler" I greeted him as if he were not intoxicated.

"I'm coming in" he slurred shoving my out of the way and walking into my house.

"Where's your liquor?" He searched the kitchen.

"I don't know" I lied, knowing that it was stored downstairs.

He snapped around looking fiercely at me before plowing over my way and picking me up by my shirt collar.

"Where's the fucking liquor" he snarled, his breath reeking of alcohol.

"Down...stairs" I stuttered.

He dropped me down and made his way downstairs. I didn't want to follow him. I didn't want to be in the same house as him even. I wanted to run out of that house as fast as I could. But I was too stunned and I stayed right in my place, unable to blink.

That's when it all started.

***present day***

I hadn't ever told anyone about Tyler abusing me, if I had he would get in trouble, and then I would be in even more trouble. By him. So it was one of the many secrets I had. I'm 21 years old now. I still have Tyler as my only "friend". In all seriousness I don't have any friends.

"Troye!" Tyler called me from the living room, once again my parents weren't home and I was left alone with Tyler.

"What do you want?" I groaned.

"Don't be sassy with me, go get me another beer" He said strictly, I wasn't about to say no, for that would get me a slap. Instead I went downstairs to get him one. I picked up the one he likes best and I brought it back upstairs to him.

In a way I was his servant. You could even say im his slave. Once I brought the liquor back up to him he looked at me puzzled.

"Troye I told you I switched to the other kind" With the end of his sentence I felt a burning pain on my cheek. I touched it with my hand knowing it would be tender.

"I-I'm sorry" I stuttered

If I could run away I would. But this was my house, and where was I to go? I went back downstairs once more grabbing the kind of beer he insisted on.