Chapter 18

***Connor's P.O.V.***

I regret saying anything as soon as I do.

"Wow. I've never had anyone tell me that before."

My brain says to stop but my mouth keeps on moving. He doesn't know I'm gay maybe he'll take it as a friendly compliment.

"I'm glad I met you" he says, "you're unlike anyone I know."

Maybe I should tell him I'm gay, before I get a boner around him or something.

"One other thing" I bite my lower lip and look to the side, "I'm gay" a silence of about 30 seconds follows before he speaks again.

"That's great, I mean you coming out and stuff not because I like you because that would be weird and I like totally wouldn't ever-" he rambles on but I stop him.

"You like me?"

"What- I- I never said that" his face flushes a shade of red.

"Yea, you kind of did" I laugh calming the air. "I like you too"

"Like as friends right?" He asks.

I don't know how else to answer him rather than, "yea, as friends"

"Oh" Sadness washes over his face and there's so much of me that wants to just tell him how I feel and that I really like him, I like like him.

"Unless you like me as more than a friend..."

"I mean- I don't really hate you as much as a lot of other people" A mixture of laughs and blushes come from him.

"Thank you. I don't hate you as much as a lot of other people either"

"Good to know" He smiles his amazing smile. That smile that could make anyone smile back.

"How about we have some dinner? I can heat up Mac-and-cheese"

"Wow you really do like Mac-and-cheese"

"Hey don't make fun, sit at the kitchen table I'll get you some"

I follow him to his kitchen and take a seat. He takes two cans from his cupboard and pours it into two separate bowls. He puts each one in the microwave and then places it in front of each of us.

"So, how come you haven't come out to the public yet?" He asks taking a spoonful and eating it.

"I don't know what they would think, I mean it's pretty obvious, I've just never had the courage to say it out loud."

"That makes sense, I was afraid to tell my family, when I did my siblings all came into my room one by one and gave me hugs and shit."

"You have a very nice family, I never told mine"

"Not even your sister?"

"Nope, no one. You're the only one that knows"

"I guess that's an honor" his Bahama-water blue eyes light up.

"Guess it is" I finally start to eat the elegant meal.

I hear the door open and watch Troye spin around in horror.

"Oh Hello Mr. Franta" Sage pops into the kitchen with Tyde and Steele following her.

"Hello" I stop eating and wipe my mouth before saying it.

Steele waves and Tyde makes no effort to address that I'm even there. We must have gotten off to a very rough start. Quite honestly I don't know what I did.

"Maybe I should go, you guys should have some family time"

"No!" Troye pleaded.

"Seriously, it's fine, I'll see you tomorrow"