Chapter 13

A while later, Jason sat down along with the rest of his friends, sipping from cups of hot chocolate. They had spent a lot of time fixing up the wall and recasting the magic barrier spells, making sure to cast them multiple times to strengthen the spell. The only problem came with the sheer number of questions they knew would be asked.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione had to be told. It's likely they would have figured it out on their own, which could have led to some trust issues. But telling the others... it would have been compromising the mission too far. So they'd done the only thing that they could have.

                                                                                      -

Jason stood before the school, along with Ron, Hermione, Harry, McGonagall, and the rest of his friends. Their wands were drawn out and they waited as the students could calm down.

Percy said, 'I'm sorry. We didn't want to do this. But recent circumstances have forced us to.'

'What are you talking about?' A seventh-year Ravenclaw asked.

In unison, everyone on the stage lifted their wands. 'Obliviate!'

                                                                                        -

'Annabeth, you said something about talking regarding the Maeonian Drakon,' Frank said.

Percy's eyes narrowed. 'Shit. I didn't realize it was the Maeonian Drakon.'

Nico seemed to have caught on. 'There's no way that could have been the case, right?'

'Would you mind filling us non-pit adventurers in?' Reyna said.

Annabeth took a deep breath. 'When we were about to get out, the physical embodiment of the Pit showed itself to stop us from leaving Tartarus.'

Jason nodded. Percy and Annabeth had told this before. How did it relate to the Drakon though?

Reading his expression, Percy said, 'Damasen listened to Annabeth's advice. He rode to our rescue atop the Maeonian Drakon.'

A visible shiver went up Percy's spine and he stopped speaking, cuddling up with Annabeth again, who slowly ran her fingers through his hair.

'I think I can take the story up from here,' said Nico. 'Tartarus has the ability to suck the immortal essence of beings into himself. To get Percy and Annabeth back into the mortal world, Damasen, along with the drakon and Iapetus sacrificed themselves.'

'Meaning that they would never be able to regenerate? So what the frick is the drakon doing up here?' Leo said.

'You've hit it right on the nose.' 

The realization struck Jason. 'Nico, Percy... you remember the end of our fight with Kronos?'

Percy, Nico, and Thalia's faces whipped up.

'No fucking way.' Thalia said.

'Oh my gods.'