Prolougue 1

(This takes place in the same universe as a story I have in the works right now. It's gonna take a long time to finish but the only thing you need to know is that there is a huge ass war in which in a duel, Percy defeats Atlas. No, Atlas isn't the main enemy. I might post some stuff from it in my one-shots book. The reason this is posted first is that I kinda lost my inspiration to finish the other one and will restart it after a while.)

Author's Note from 7/4/2024- This work is kinda bad, let me be honest. My current VIP- Rise of The New Order (RNO), is also a Percy Jackson and Harry Potter crossover fic, and has much better writing. 

The laziness and my unwillingness to write this story is seen from chapter 9 (I think) onwards, where each chapter is a few hundred words at max. And the ending... oh boy, the ending is one hell of a let down, but that's what happens when you lose any sort of will to write the story because you find it leeching you all of all creativity.

And yes, while RNO has a chapter or two that suffers from the same issue, the overall writing is much better. The first two to four chapters are of the same quality as the best chapters in this work, and it only improves thereafter.

 And I would rather end it if I lose passion (which probably will not happen) than let the quality decline, and finish it off with a chapter that tells the readers what would have come further on.

So I recommend you check it out before this, but if you want to continue reading, go on!

The past year and a half had been....interesting, for the lack of a better word.

As the venerated general of the First Alliance reached the end of his speech, he felt a pang run through his heart. 20 million soldiers died in this final fight. Yes, the monsters-all of them- were gone and it would be several millennia before an event of this scale occurred ever again but the price they had paid had been great.

"Hypocrite," he thought to himself "You yourself at the beginning that if death was the cost of the salvation of this world, it was a price they would be more than willing to pay."

"Over this past year and a half, the three factions of the First Alliance have gone through their own wars. Exactly a year and a half ago, on August 18, Luke Castellan sacrificed himself to banish Kronos back to the Pit, ending the Battle of Manhattan and the first war of this era. Six months later, we were pulled into yet another one, with the Gigantes and the awakening of Gaea. In that war, the Greeks and Romans were united, ending a millennia-old feud as the Athena Parthenos, wrongly stolen by the Romans was restored to Half-Blood Hill where it now proudly stands. During that time" Percy gestured to the Egyptians "The Egyptians had their own fight against Apophis, the incarnation of Chaos. Using shadow execration, they ripped apart the soul of Apep, putting an end to his tyranny. A few months later, a sequence of events put into motion Ragnarok, as Magnus Chase became an einherjar and put a stop to it alongside his friends by insulting Loki into a two-inch man."

There was a ripple of laughter at this before Percy continued "But when the time came for a war of scales hitherto unforeseen, we all banded together, putting aside our differences as the Pit of Tartarus in coalition with the land of demons and an army of Draugr attacked, hoping to-once and for all- end the demigods and this era. We battled them and won. Yet, it was a pyrrhic victory that came at the cost of twenty million lives, the lives of those who were willing to put themselves down for the chance of our victory. And so, we thank them for their noble sacrifices, we remember who they were and we remember what they stood for. Although they may no longer be with us in this world, deep down, they still reside with us. They were heroes, who helped usher in an era of peace that the godly community has never seen.