Chapter 9

(Ron P.O.V)

The trio entered the Charms classroom at the same time as Professor Flitwick, who perched himself atop his pile of books to see the class properly. The half-goblin cleared his throat before he spoke

"Welcome students, welcome! I am Professor Flitwick and this is your seventh year of Charms. This year, you shall be giving your NEWTS. To those who do know not what NEWTS are- NEWTS are the exams that you give at the end of your seventh year. These are essentially your job applications. Do you understand?"

The entire class murmured their assent.

"Good. Now, let us revise what we have learned previously. Who can tell me what the charm for 'repel' is?"

Hands shot up into the air, none faster than Harry, Hermione and Ron, and the exchange students.

Flitwick pointed to the gold-eyed witch "Yes, Ms. Levesque?"

"The charm for repel is depulso, Professor."

"Well done, Ms. Five points to Hufflepuff. Now, who can come down here and perform the spell?" Hands shot up once more "Yes, Mr. Weasely, please come down and perform depulso."

Ron made his way down to the center of the room before taking out his wand, a fourteen-inch-long piece of willow wood, with the core of unicorn hair, and pointed it at a pillow near Flitwick's table.

"Depulso!" he yelled, and the pillow went flying, smacking Dean in the face.

"Excellent! Mr. Weasely, five points to Gryffindor. Now, what is the water-summoning charm?"

Flitwick scanned the room before saying "Yes, Ms. Parkinson?"

"The water-summoning charm is Aguamenti, Professor."

"Well done. Five points to Slytherin. Now, someone, please come down to demonstrate it. Yes, you, Mr. Jackson.

Percy went down to the same spot as Ron, shooting a discreet wink and a smirk at his friends, and Annabeth facepalmed, a fond expression on her face as she muttered "Seaweed Brain."

"Seaweed Brain?" Ron questioned.

"Is it supposed to be an insult or what?" 

Percy raised his wand and performed the spell "Aguamenti!" he said.

 Then, he started manipulating it into shapes. FIrst, a young girl on one knee, seemingly having a great weight on her shoulders. Then, it was shaped into a young boy in the same position. The images became more and more detailed.

He manipulated the water again and shaped it into a volcano. Then he zoomed into the volcano, a forge of some kind, the boy and a girl behind a cart and the girl kissed the boy before sneaking out.

With a jolt, they realized that the boy and girl were Percy and Annabeth, only younger, more carefree and happier.

The boy then stepped forward to face some things, who hurled something at him, causing him to seemingly scream. Then, the volcano erupted, throwing the boy into the air.

The picture then changed to a large room with twelve enormous seats arranged around a hearth. A young man, with blonde hair and a scar on his right eye, lay on the ground, a knife embedded in his armpit. Percy and Annabeth were crouched near him, and they watched as the life left his eyes.

Many more images passed through- one of Annabeth judo-flipping Percy, then the two of them sleeping together in the stables of their warship, them dangling over a chasm, them kissing underground , and then, seven people staring down a massive woman, with long, flowing robes.