A Lunch Out

"Having fun?"

"I hope."

It's now evening and I had just come back from doing a gathering quest for some herbal plants when I met with Ridi near the Linsburg's gate.

"Sigh... How's your day? Loud as usual?"

"Yeah... found a Delcatizar's thorn though."

"New one?"

"Mhmm~~"

"What a drag..."

You know we've been through a lot when we can just casually tell one another that one of the rarest sarcid species is in the same continent with us. The appropriate reaction was the one that the people on the AU were showing, not the one we're showing.

"You're going to try to fight it, won't you?"

"If I meet it, yes." Not exactly in a hurry to get my ass kicked again. Dunno how my current self would fare against the Delcatizar but I can only hope better than the last time. "You don't?"

"Uugghh... even if I don't, you'll just drag me with you."

"Damn straight."

"Tell Liro about it. He probably wants to catch it."

"That man is suicidal."

"Well, all of us are." Can't deny that. "You free?"

"Going to submit my quest actually, you?"

"Just done smuggling something." Is he really saying that in public? Well, it's him. He can take care of everyone that tries to catch him. "Run to one of the shadow lord's executives earlier."

"Not the shadow lord himself?"

"Truth be told, I dunno." Ey? He is the best out of the 3 of us in terms of mana recognition so I would assume he would know if he met a strong person or not. "The executive managed to hide her mana output so expertly that it was pure luck that I caught her off guard." She is an executive of one of the strongest and most influential people in this continent so it's no wonder that she is good at controlling her mana.

"Why was she here?"

"Keeping an eye at the transaction, personally." Personally? Does that mean she has several eyes and ears near Ridi already? "I'll tell you in the inn."

"Alright, going to submit my plants now. Catch you later."

.

.

.

"Thirty Grela stems... done!! Thank you very much!!" Binti handed over 20 culp to me after taking the plants in. Well, I don't have to fight anything at all so I guess the pay isn't that bad. "Are you going to take another quest, Igo?"

"Dunno. I kinda want to get something to eat." Now that I think about it, I could buy some snacks in the middle of a quest. So why not just do that? Killing 1 stone with 2 birds or whatever the proverb was. But if Binti is asking me like that then there's surely something going on. "Do you need anything?"

"Ah! Uuuhh... You see... I'm kinda famished right now."

"I'm sorry but I can't treat you to anything yet." Ask again once I consistently make 10 veru a day.

"I'm not asking for you to buy me anything!" This flow of conversation usually led to those kinds of requests. "I just want some company. That's all." I assume she has a reason as to why she didn't invite Vena and I shouldn't ask why. She probably just wants to skip some work.

"Sure." Binti was clearly ecstatic from my response. That bright and pure smile fit her face so well. "Let's go."

"Yes!" Binti was about to stand up but someone suddenly comes up to her and calls her out.