39 - Nice to meet you, again

Jungkook

When the apartment door creaked open to allow the two of you in, a mixture of emotions formed on the tallers expression as he slowly trailed behind you whilst eyeing the place in pure admiration; smiling to himself as he mumbled out a faint ''Just as I remembered it...'' while shrugging off his coat and stepping into the guest slippers you just had provided him with. An amused snicker then threatened to escape past your lips when he proceeded to glance over at you, almost as if to silently ask for permission to look around, to which you nodded reassuringly as a silent go-ahead before watching as he began roaming around the place almost like a kid inside a candy store.

Taehyung: Woah... This just feels so surreal— I've never physically been here, yet I know this place like it's the back of my hand.

An amused scoff left your lips while you leaned against a nearby wall, a glint of admiration prominent in your eyes as you silently watched from a slight distance; also finding the sight of him back in here to be utterly surreal, yet deciding against mentioning it in case you were to break down crying for the nth time today— and so instead, you settled for making a more playful remark which you knew would earn at least a scoff from the taller.

Jungkook: At this point, it would be surprising if you didn't, considering how nosy you were as a ghost— which reminds me, I sure hope you won't be barging straight through my doors anymore or at the very least acquired the knowledge to knock now that you're human again.

The male rolled his eyes in response yet still allowed a warm chuckle to escape past his lips before raising his arms in defeat, uttering out a defensive yet simultaneously subtly snarky ''Wasn't going to, but yes, I can assure you I am perfectly capable of knocking— not that I couldn't do it before.'', to which you then grumbled out an equally as snarky ''So you were just a rude ghost then? Can't say I'm surprised. Nevertheless, I was just making sure, old habits die hard after all.'' before the two of you finally broke into a fit of laughter; both evidently having missed these types of banter-like conversations.

Jungkook: Anyway, I did invite you over for a drink, so what can I get for you, good sir?

Taehyung: A cup of tea would do just fine Gguk, thank you.

A warm smile crept onto your lips as you uttered a soft ''A cup of tea coming right up!'' before pushing yourself off the wall and heading into the kitchen to go put the kettle on, sneakily stealing a few more glances at the handsome male whom calmly continued pacing around the place while humming softly to himself.

For a little while, a comfortable silence lingered in the room as you focused on preparing the tea meanwhile the taller went on to admire the subtle traces of his ghost self which still remained in the apartment almost as if on display, such as the farewell poem he wrote which now was framed on top of the bookshelf— yet the two of you couldn't help but continue to occasionally steal glances at one another, and a timid smile always found its way onto your lips whenever your eyes accidentally would lock from across the room. You didn't even notice how the male eventually stopped pacing around altogether and instead admired from afar while you prepared the tea, a faint smile still lingering on his lips as he almost hesitantly broke the silence.

Taehyung: You know I— honestly regret not coming to find you sooner. Although it really did take me a while to get back on my feet again, my hesitancy contributed to the delay more than I'd like to admit...

A soft hum left your lips as you momentarily paused to lean against the kitchen counter, curiously tilting your head whilst simultaneously feeling your heart jitter as your eyes yet again locked from across the room while he in return got comfortable and leaned against the couch; voice ever so gentle and audibly vulnerable when he continued to speak.