38 - Reunited

Jungkook

Being wrapped inside the warmth of the tallers comforting embrace felt so utterly surreal, and with every passing second you quickly realized just how dangerously addictive it simultaneously grew to feel— so after a while of great internal struggle, you eventually forced yourself to pull away from the embrace in order to gaze up into his beautiful deep brown orbs; still unable to shake the sheer disbelief you felt at the sight of him actually standing right in front of you after so long, only this time, in his physical form and appearing alive and well with that familiar dorky grin plastered onto his lips.

Taehyung: Believe me now, hm?

More silent tears inevitably began rolling down your cheeks as your bottom lip quivered the longer you got to gaze upon his handsome features; clumsily struggling to formulate a perplexed ''W-Wait but— how? T-this doesn't make any sense, you–...'' while he patiently waited before ultimately allowing a warm chuckle to escape past his rosy lips, evidently seeming to find your bewilderment rather endearing, though this reaction naturally prompted a subtle pout to form on your lips as you reached over to gently nudge his chest— grumbling out a sulky ''Don't laugh at me, idiot...'', only working to fuel the tallers amused chuckles as he gently reached over to tenderly wipe your tear-stained cheeks.

Taehyung: I am almost as clueless about it all as you are petal, although I've managed to roughly piece together some parts prior and after— there's really no logical explanation for how and why something like that happened to us.

The burning curiosity in your eyes must've been apparent, as there was a gentle tug on your hand when his bigger one hesitantly reached out to engulf your own before leading you over to come sit down on the park bench with him, hands still subconsciously remaining comfortably entangled as neither of you made an effort to move away from one another— possibly in fear of the other slipping away while he reluctantly uttered a ''This is complicated, so bare with me...'' before finally beginning to try and answer those silently burning questions of yours.

Taehyung: So from what I've gathered, this mess all started when I was on my way home from a night shift an early morning sometime last winter. I happened to witness a car crash and instantly rushed over to help wherever I could whilst calling for help— however, in the process, I also ended up being run over by the drunk driver whom had attempted to flee the scene.

Memories from that night when he experienced a flashback after the two of you had witnessed— and nearly been the victim of a car crash instantly came rushing back like a puzzle piece finally falling into place, and so your gaze impossibly softened whilst you silently nodded for him to go on.

Taehyung: Thankfully my memories from that exact moment are next to none, though the injuries I sustained that night were... Well, they weren't pretty, and their severity ultimately also caused me to fall into a coma. I went into cardiac arrest on three different occasions and required a range of emergency surgeries— to put it simply, I was barely hanging on by a thin thread.

Even the mere thought of the severity of what he's gone through made your heart ache, and your eyes subconsciously found themselves worriedly scanning his frame which outwardly showed no at least currently visible signs of the fight for life it had been through previously— earning a soft snicker from the male whom obviously wasn't oblivious to your wandering eyes and therefore thought it to be a perfect opportunity to lighten the mood a bit as he muttered out a playful ''Woah there, shouldn't you at least buy me dinner first before undressing me with your eyes, petal?'' whilst nudging your side, instantly setting your cheeks ablaze as you flusteredly hit his arm and grumbled out a scolding ''Ugh please be serious for once, this is not the time for your dumb lewd jokes!'' before rolling your eyes and looking away.