32 - Nostalgia

Jungkook

After having spent essentially the entire day together at the park, hidden away underneath the cooling shade provided by one of the cherry blossoms located a bit further away from the bigger crowds of people; happily hanging around and keeping busy by a multitude of different means such as taking pictures of the scenery, playing some silly games— some of which the two of you spontaneously (but not so successfully, yet still ever so entertainingly) invented on the spot, reading together while occasionally bickering over pages being turned too fast or slow, and of course not forgetting to take some essential snack breaks in between— it was now time to call it a day and pack up as the sun slowly but surely was setting and the evening air gradually grew chillier by the minute.

Jungkook: Let's stop by the grocery store on our way home, we're out of sesame oil and red chili paste— oh, and remind me to also buy some rice while we're there since that's running kinda low as well.

A warm chuckle could be heard leaving the entity's lips whom had been busy admiring the pretty scenery once last time before playfully proceeding to turn around and salute you— uttering out a bubbly ''Roger that boss'' to which you rolled your eyes before laughing at the entity's silly demeanor and nodding as a gentle ''Let's go'' and sign for him to tag along.

Thankfully the nearest grocery store wasn't a far walk from here, so it wasn't long before the two of you stepped foot into the semi-busy store and picked up a basket before casually beginning to stroll around the different sections and isles; plopping different ingredients and other items you remembered needing to stock up on into your basket whilst simultaneously trying to remember whether there was anything else you had forgotten about— only to halt your steps upon catching glimpse of how Taehyung bore a strangely fond expression as he watched you shop, prompting you to bewilderedly tilt your head whilst mouthing out a soft ''What?''.

Taehyung: Sorry, it's just— I feel relieved seeing you no longer have to worry so much when grocery shopping...

Somewhat caught off guard by the entity's sentimental yet also heartwarming observation, you glanced at the snack item in your hand which you spontaneously had decided to get and just was about to put into the basket— pondering on what he said for a moment before smiling as a warm feeling began to bubble up in your chest; knowing you indeed carried far less financial worry and burden than when the two of you first had met, though uttering out a playful remark on how he was being awfully nostalgic in order to not make the moment too emotional, which instantly had earned a bright chuckle from the taller whom lightheartedly agreed to the claim with a soft ''Yeah, maybe I am— what about it?'' that the two of you snickered softly at.

Once all the groceries had been secured, paid for, and neatly placed into a paper grocery bag, the two of you headed out of there and began making your way toward a nearby bus station— taking your seat before checking the monitor to see when the next bus would be here. Though it wasn't long before it was your turn to stifle out a sentimental giggle as you were reminded of yet another moment from when the two of you met.

Jungkook: Well this feels awfully nostalgic as well, doesn't it?

A soft scoff left the entity's lips as he hummed before nodding slowly, calmly leaning against his seat whilst playfully uttering out a ''All that's missing right now, is you accusing me of being a hallucination again— and then I quote, essentially proceeding to tell me how I'll perish.''— and so you shrugged whilst attempting to suppress another giggle that threatened to emit past your lips before muttering out a playful ''Well— hypothetically there still is the off chance that you are one hell of a long-lasting hallucination so...'', instantly earning a warm chuckle from the male whom threateningly began reaching into the grocery bag whilst looking at you with a wide grin tugging at his lips.

Taehyung: Oh shut up or I'll throw one of the ingredients onto the road dummy.

Though the supposed threat only made you burst into an amused fit of giggles as you uttered out a ''Hey, leave my poor groceries out of your non-threatening poltergeist antics!'' which earned another warm chuckle from the male whom then shook his head before glancing up at the ever-changing sunset painted sky; that same unreadable expressionfrom before gradually now finding its way back onto his features as he hummed quietly to himself whilst further relaxing into his seat.

Jungkook: ...What are you thinking bout, ghostie?

There was a brief moment of silence as he almost hesitated to answer, seemingly thinking about something before merely whispering out a casual ''Just how particularly beautiful the sunset is tonight Gguk, don't you agree?''— promoting you to slowly glance up at the sky which indeed looked beautiful as its various nuances painted the sky and subtly changed with every minute that passed by; nodding in agreement as a smile lingered on your lips at the sight.

Jungkook: It sure is... I've always preferred sunsets— it's such a beautiful way to celebrate making it through another day...

A small smile tugged at his lips as he now was the one to nod in agreement before mumbling out a very faint ''I hope I get to witness many more with you...''— a heartwarming statement which strangely enough ended up causing a part of your heart to shatter for some reason.

»»———- ∘°˖✧❀✧˖°∘ -———««

I'm not even done with this book, but I already have an idea I've heavily been pondering on for once this one's completed— which yet again is going to challenge my comfort zone a little

Big hint: Dating show ✨

I'm not gonna say anything more than that at this point, but I'm looking forward to building on the ideas I already have set in place for this and hope you guys will come to enjoy it as well!

Anyway, hope this week's chapter was okay! ❤️

-Jing