Disrupted Phone Calls | Javier Pena |1|

My breathing started to go unsteady, hearing my front door close. He's here. I closed my eyes and my head fell down for a moment, shaking my head. Why? Why did I even agree to start seeing this fucking bastard? I knew it wasn't a good idea.

"Baby? I'm here, are you?"

A quiet sigh left my mouth, rubbing the back of my neck. I heard my bedroom door open and felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Good, you're here. ..." he whispered in my ear "...Why didn't you answer when I called you baby?"

"Sorry, Henry. ..." I spoke quietly "...I will next time."

"You know what's going to happen if you don't."

I felt tears brim my eyes, a quiet sigh leaving my mouth. I nodded and cleared my throat.

"I will, I promise." my voice still quiet.

"That's what you say all the time."

My phone ringtone sounded through my ears, feeling relief fall upon me. I patted his hands and he reluctantly took them off, muttering a bunch of curses under his breath. I waited until he left the room, more relief falling upon me. I quickly grabbed the phone, putting it to my ear.

"Y/n, speaking. Who's this?"

"Hello, Y/n. This is Ambassador Noonan, I'm not sure if you remember me."

Holy shit.

"I...of course I do. Hello Ambassador, how are you?"

"I'm well. What about you?"

It's been two years since then and that question still brings up some unfortunate feelings. The last time I was in the field, I almost died. We were investigating a small but influential drug gang. I didn't put on a vest and as I a result of my stupidity I took four gunshot wounds. Two to the stomach, one to the arm and the other to the leg.

I'm still wondering how on earth I survived that bullshit. I know she's not calling to ask how I am. She hasn't done that in the past two years. Not even him. He promised he would. But I get it, he's a busy guy.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm all healed."

"Very good. I have a question to ask. ..." here we go "...Would you be willing to come back to the field?"

A deep sigh left my mouth, shaking my head. I looked back at my door, seeing Henry staring at me. His gaze angry. I bit the inside of my cheek, looking back at my lovely bedroom wall.

"I have to admit, working in an office job is as boring as watching paint dry."

"I'm sensing a but here." she spoke.

"Uh."

I looked over my shoulder, seeing a now seething Henry. I heard his knuckles crack as his fists clenched, starting to breathe heavily. He shook his head, starting to walk closer. No. Fuck him. I am not missing this opportunity.

"Before you answer, I must tell you that we're in Columbia."

"Wha—holy shit, uh, sorry for the language. Uh, how long until you need an answer?"

"The afternoon."

"Will do. Talk to you soon, Ambassador."

I hung up the phone and looked over my shoulder, still seeing the same seething Henry. I put down the receiver down, crossing my arms and turned around.

"You're not going back. ..." he grabbed the tissue box on my dresser "...You are staying at our office job. And you are staying with me."

I bit the inside of my cheek, stepping away a little, seeing him walk closer.