Roadblocks | Javier Pena |2|

You walked up the street with Luis, listening to him talk about his favourite tv show as the two of you made your way to his daycare. Well partly listening to him anyway. The position you would be getting is a secretary for a very business prominent business man.

Recently, the man got himself into some trouble. When you first heard that, you thought you weren't going to have the job anymore. But it turns out you still have the offer, he's moving out of Cartagena and coming down here, which means you will be starting a lot sooner than you off thought. Which is good.

Although, it wasn't specified what kind of trouble he's in, you're sure you will know when you start working. A tap on your arm shook you out of your thoughts. You looked down, seeing an excited Luis. You have no clue what he's excited about since he wasn't thrilled about going to daycare.

"Cachorros!" he exclaimed, pointing in front of the both of you.

You looked to where he was pointing, seeing a lady with a box of puppies, the words "FOR SALE" in big bold letters a few buildings down, a lot of people surrounding around them. You stopped him walking and leaned down to his eye view.

"Podemos echarles un vistazo, pero no podemos tener uno."

He looked at you a little bummed but nodded. Skidding tires sounded through your ears and it startled you enough for you to whip around, seeing multiple police vehicles pulling up to a warehouse.

Before you could look any further, Luis grabbed your arm and started to pull you along the path to the box of puppies, quickly going past the crowd of people. You tried too as well but it wasn't as easy for you, being pushed back a bit by a older man. I guess letting a kid get away with it is a bit more acceptable then an adult.

"Por favor senor, tengo que llegar a mi ahijado." I spoke worriedly, trying to see if Luis was safe.

"Bueno, eso es muy malo. Tendrás que esperar."

You let out an exasperated sigh, continuing to peak over the crowd of people. You couldn't see him anywhere. You tapped on an older woman's shoulder and she quickly turned around.

"Disculpe?..." you asked worriedly "...Puedes moverte, por favor? Estoy tratando de llegar hasta mi ahijado."

The lady smiled, moving to the side a bit.

"Por supuesto, por supuesto, querida!"

You smiled at the lady and go through, not seeing Luis anywhere. You felt your chest tighten, starting to breath heavily. You looked around frantically and over people's shoulders.

"Luis?! Luis, dónde estás?!"

"Vuelve aquí!"

You heard Luis's voice and pushed past everyone, ignoring the angry opinions that were yelled at you. You managed to get out of the crowd, seeing Luis chasing after a runaway puppy, both the child and puppy running into a man, literally. It didn't faze Luis as he immediately picked up the puppy.

"Mierda!" you spoke, rushing over to the three beings.

The man saw you rushing over and stood up straight, clearing his throat, preparing himself to apologise to you. You got over to them and looked over Luis for any injures. Once you figure out there were none, you shot him a stern look.

Pedro Pascal Imagines जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें