Roadblocks | Javier Pena

You laid in Javi's bed, your grip loosing on his comforter, breathing heavily

You laid in Javi's bed, your grip loosing on his comforter, breathing heavily. You gulped and let out a shaky breath, feeling him trailing kisses along your thighs. You reached down and tangled your fingers his hair, moaning softly, your legs still a little shaky.

His hands left your thighs, leaving his imprints on your skin, as he planted his hands on each side, feeling him leaving a trail kisses up your stomach. He brought his kisses to your lips, bare chest resting against yours, his lips pressing gently against my forehead.

"You feeling better?" he muttered, pressing a kiss against your temple.

Yesterday afternoon, Escobar sent his men into the brothel you work out, shooting every girl until they found out who ratted out the guy who drives Escobar around in the taxi. You're the one who did it. And now you feel responsible for dozens of deaths. Your best friend, Maria, being amongst the people who were taken.

She's only reason you survived. She knew you did it and took the fall for you, without any question. You really wish she didn't, she left a three year old behind, your godson, Luis. The both of you had a job lined up, and were getting out of the city. You's always talked about it, she wanted at least one of you to get out of here.

"I didn't want anyone to die, Javi. ..." your voice broke, feeling tears brim your eyes "...It's all my fault."

"Hey..." his tone soft but stern "...this wasn't your fault."

"How?..."

Tears started to stream down your cheeks, but he quickly kissed them away, not wanting to see them fall.

"...I could of said something, but I stupidly froze and now-..." you breathed out a shaky sigh "...and now they're-"

He cut you off, pressing his lips against yours. The kiss kept it's slow pace and you reached up, your fingers once again tangling in his hair. You know he loves it when you do that.

"It's not your fault, hermosa. ..." he repeated, his voice more soft, it came out as a whisper "...It's Escobar's."

Dread clouded your mind, an involuntary whimper leaving your mouth.

"What if someone figures out I did it?..." a sharp exhale left your mouth "...I-I don't want to leave Luis by himself."

Tears continued to fall and this time he cupped your cheek, wiping them away.

"I won't let you get hurt. Or your godson. ..."

An involuntary, soft smile fell on your cheeks.