Lingering Feelings | Marcus Pike |2|

Three Months Later

You and Marcus sat in your living room, the two of you shoving Chinese food in your mouths as you's went over a suspects case file and another file that out surveillance team have put together after following him for a few weeks—both of you having a copy. The team is 100% sure that they've narrowed down the suspect list correctly and now they're trying to learn everything about him.

"He frequents Dane Street." I pointed out, putting down my empty Chinese food container.

Dane Street is what people refer to as prostitute alley. Marcus wiped his mouth with a napkin, looking at that information a little more closely.

"Maybe we could get one of the girls to lure him into one of the alley ways." he suggested and you shook your head, tapping your finger on the paper.

"No. If he frequents there, he's most likely got a good relationship with the girls."

"I guess you're right." he nodded, continuing to eat his food.

You stared at the case file, but not reading it.

"I think it's a good place to catch him. ..." you thought "...Considering the information the surveillance team collected, he basically spent every night there."

"Maybe me and Jen could dress up and hang out on Dane Street?"

Marcus put down his food, wiping his mouth again. He isn't to fond of that idea. He doesn't like the idea of you being ogled by men who's intentions you don't know. You weren't exactly jumping to the idea either and there is probably a better way to get him, but when you saw the terror on the witnesses face, you knew how badly this guy needed to be caught.

Though it might not be the best way, it's definitely is a good one to catch this prick. You looked at Marcus, seeing a conflicted expression on his face.

"I know, it's not exactly ideal..." you spoke, resting your hand on his "...but with everything we've gone over, this is the place we know he goes to every day."

He rested his other hand on top of yours, still on the fence about the idea. Marcus is worried and you can see that.

"What is Jen doesn't agree to it?"

"Then I'll go by myself." I shrugged my shoulders, not to fond of that.

"By yourself?" he repeated, his eyes widening a little.

"I'll be ok." you smiled reassuringly, even though that possibility terrified you.

Marcus nodded, staying silent for a few seconds. He nodded again, still not speaking, but thinking if he should actually agree to this. He doesn't want you to get hurt, and considering the man's past that is definitely a possibility.

"Uh..ok..." Marcus agreed, still unsure and regretting it immediately.

Your heart started to beat ten times faster in my chest, also regretting that you brought it up.

"Ok. When..uh...when do you want to do this?"

The two of you looked at each other, the both of you scared that this is going to happen, not knowing Declan walked in the room, his blanket wrapped around and trailing behind him.

"Mommy?"

You heard your son's voice and peeked to the side, seeing an upset Declan, filling you with worry.

"Honey, what's wrong?" you asked, getting up and walking over.

"I had a scary dream."

Your son was on the verge of tears and it made your heart break. You pulled your son into a hug, picking him up. You held him close to your chest, trying to comfort him as he start to cry. Marcus got up and started to rub your son's back, also attempting to comfort him.