14. Moving On

Previously

Y/n unfolds her past in front of Jungkook while he does his best to comfort her and make her believe that nothing what happened was her fault. One thing leads to another and Y/n somehow ends up confessing her love for Jungkook. He convinces y/n to give their relationship a try to which she agrees but keeps forward a condition to keep their relationship a secret for a few days. Jungkook agrees but wonders what their little secret would lead them to.

___________________________

Things weren't the same at all after the incident

Things weren't the same at all after the incident. At least not in the beginning.

I'd woke up in the middle of nights terrified, panting and sweating like crazy. Or there were times I'd shed silent tears while sleeping. Guess that's what they call trauma. The unforgettable scene kept replaying in my head the whole time.

As if a blessing in disguise, I'm gifted with Jungkook, my sunny and bright boba ball. Yes 'my'. Why can't I act possessive when he's literally spared no chance to call me his and show me that I belonged to him in the last few days.

I wish I could pretend to be annoyed but lord knows what those sudden shots of flirty comments and quick pecks do to my heart. It starts beating in an unhealthy way.

Still, I preserved my lip's sanity for some meaningful day. I regret letting my guards down so easily in the toxic relationship I shared with Chang Wook and I'm not letting this perfect one get ruined because of the wrong decisions that I take.

I understood that 'Moving on' doesn't mean forgetting and separating the dreadful past from present. It is taking life lessons from the mistakes we made, carrying every scar proudly as it doesn't show our weakness, it reflects the hardships we faced in life and accepting the past as a part of our life.   

I could clearly see that Jungkook was trying his best to keep his distance and not cross the line, after he saw me flinching unconsciously a number of times and I can't help but feel guilty for not being able to physically open up to him even after accepting to be involved in a relationship.

But I could also observe, how I was getting used to him. His care for me, his touches no longer feeling foreign.

A few days passed doing this and that. Yes, this and that.

I was given a forceful medical leave after Jungkook described my wounds and bruises to P.D. Nim in an overexaggerated manner and melted the old guy's heart. He called me and playfully threatened me to take care of myself and that if he saw me even roaming around the building during the leave period, I would lose my job. 

I may or may not have shed a tear or two, witnessing people genuinely care for me without any selfish reasons.

Guess the world isn't that bad of a place.