8. Unbosoming

My smile dies once I see Jungkook standing behind the door with a cold and hardened expression, not even trying to be discreet

My smile dies once I see Jungkook standing behind the door with a cold and hardened expression, not even trying to be discreet. I'm sure he heard our conversation and did not approve it much, given the look on his face.

 He looks all angelic and ethereal under the silver moonlight but the scary look he is giving me is hopelessly ruining the moment.

He decides to break the silence first. "You were just fooling around when you said that you had belief in me, right?" He asks me in a deep, calm voice that sends a shiver down my spine, as I have a feeling that it's the calmness before the storm.

"I don't un-understand what you're talking about." I unwantedly shutter in front of him out of nervousness.

"Oh, no. You very well do Miss y/n. You didn't ever believe me enough to reveal your actual feelings for me, did you? Even when you kept it to yourself, it was still alright. I understand that you were hesitant. But don't you think I'd have appreciated it much more if you decided to tell this to me first and not to a random person who, not to mention, just asked you out? " He asks me mockingly and waits for my reply when here, I'm too stunned to let a single word escape my silly mouth.

I gather up my courage and finally speak, "Mr. Jeon, I understand that you did not like hearing something like that standing as a third person but, why does it even matter? I am well aware that we are never going to end up together and I surely am capable enough to keep my feelings to myself. I won't ever let it disrupt my work or make you feel uncomfortable. I was already prepared for this because I know you don't feel anything for me." I let out all of the messily arranged thoughts that I've kept in my head for a long time now but Jungkook doesn't seem convinced.

He raises his eyebrows questioningly and asks, "And, who said this? Did I? Why don't I remember speaking this? You know why? Because I didn't." He sadly chuckles at his own words but his expressions suddenly turn serious. 

"I know you are not ready for this yet, but I guess it's time for you to know so that you stop making stupid assumptions all by yourself in your mind. So listen carefully-" 

He deeply inhales and bores his beautiful black orbs into mines before saying, "I love you. You heard that, right? I'm not even trying to exaggerate my feelings right now. The early attraction phase is long over. The sensation I feel now is nothing else but love. I need you in my life every single day from the sunrise till dawn. I am so in love with you that I miss you even when you are right by my side. I want to have you all by myself for my whole existence irrespective of what the world thinks of me or us. Just stop suppressing your feelings for me because I cannot suppress mine's any longer. It takes a lot of my guts to tell you this so now just let out your real feelings to me, without any filters okay?"

My eyes widen and I gulp down in shock from the out of the blue revelation.

The Jeon Jungkook, who is loved by the whole word and secretly admired by me as well, loves me back. There's no way I'll be able to digest this anytime soon.