13. Clandestine

Just to remind you what happened earlier in the book because of the intervals between the chapters, I decided to add previews from now onwards

Just to remind you what happened earlier in the book because of the intervals between the chapters, I decided to add previews from now onwards. I hope you find it useful.

Previously

After Chang Wook tries to force y/n, Jungkook thwacks him until he loses consciousness and breaks off the deal with his company.

Y/n decides to uncover the dark past she went through in front of Jungkook, seeing the care his eyes reflected and ends up telling him how Chang Wook overtook her dad's company and became the reason for the death of her parents and her brother's suicide.

_______________________

I blink my eyes a few times to let the story sink into my conscience, the real life nightmare the delicate girl in front of me had to survive in

She keeps her face down, eyes projected on the intertwined fingers on her lap. A lone tear escapes the corner of her glistened eyes, which she is quick to wipe, trying to keep the solid facade on.

I sniff and stare at the ceiling, blinking a few times in an attempt to reabsorb the water in my eyes.

I hate the fact that she had to face that shithead just because she had to keep up with this job. She never hesitated to accompany me to Chang Wook's company, moreover never even tried to warn or misguide me about him and his company, even after knowing that I had a soft corner for her and would have accomplished whatever she wished for without a second thought.

Just how selfless can a human be?

I avert my eyes back from the ceiling and look at her when I hear her clearing her throat in an attempt to keep her voice stable. "I know that it was my fault to a huge extent. I have never denied it bu-but I'm not stupid. He definitely thinks I am but I'm not. I know that it's his fault as well, no matter how much he denies it and pushes it all on me. He will always be a murderer to me who ruined my life and threw me on the streets like some use-and-throw object."