10. Disgust

(CONTINUED)

(CONTINUED)

Warning

Mature and triggering content ahead in the chapter. Skip if you feel uncomfortable. 

_____________

A COUPLE DAYS LATER~

I walk out of Jungkook's apartment with him as he greets the driver with a smile as soon as he invades our vision range. He bows at Jungkook respectfully and then smiles at me.

I force out a smile still feeling sick in my gut, not being able to accept the fact that we are finally going to meet Chang Wook once again to accept the deal.

Jungkook glances in my direction and I fake a natural-looking smile. Or, at least, that's what I think.

He notices my hesitation and holds my hand while walking to the car. "Everything's gonna go fine." He whispers near my ears, leaning down a little due to his towering height, and squeezes my hand lightly to comfort me.

This time I give him a genuine smile while keeping my eyes on him as I watch his smile getting wider at my comfortable form. 

After a drive for about half an hour we reached the company, which now reminds me of my pathetic past. I shrug off those painful memories and focus on my job here. I take the contract papers out from the folder and walk into the building to meet the last person on this planet I'd ever want to lay my eyes on. 

When the manager calls us in, we walk into the office and the first person I get into an eye contact comes out to be Chang Wook. He smiles at me while like I keep a straight facade, trying to keep my eyes on anything that's not him

Jungkook clears his throat in an attempt to grab the CEO's attention. Chang Wook flinches out of his trance and he bows at him. Jungkook greets him back with a formal smile on his face. "I would like to talk to you along with the other financers since they want to discuss some points of the MV shoot with you directly. They'll all be here in about fifteen minutes. Till then you can wait in my cabin." Informs Chang Wook, glancing at his wristwatch.

He glances back in my direction but when I avert my eyes from him, he continues. "My secretary will inform us once the meeting room is arranged. I hope you don't mind waiting till then." Chang Wook explains, in response to which, Jungkook just nods and lets out. "Oh, that's not a problem at all".

__________

I keep standing still beside the chair Jungkook is sitting on, waiting for us to get called for the meeting soon. I try my best to keep my eyes projected anywhere in the room but the man gawking at me, making me feel extremely uncomfortable.