12. Hopes

She stood on the stage, her voice captivating the audience with its melody and grace.

She was my wife, the hate of my life, but I felt a pang of regret as I watched her perform.

This was not how it was supposed to be, or maybe it was.

Maybe this was her destiny, to shine in the spotlight, while I faded in the shadows.

The song ended, and she bowed to the applause.

I saw a tear roll down her cheek, a sign of the emotions that stirred in her almond eyes.

She looked at me, and I felt a connection that transcended words.

She was beautiful, and I was proud of her, but I also knew that this moment was fleeting.

Aditi's POV

I felt a surge of emotion as I sang the final words of the song with my cheeks becoming wet.

It was a song that I had always hated, for reasons I could never understand.

It seemed too corny and mushy for my liking. And yet, it was my mother's favorite song, the one she always sang for my father with love in her eyes.

I had never grasped why she adored it so much, and whenever I told her how much I loathed it, she would just say, "You will know, honey."

But did I know? What compelled me to pick this song for this party? What made me sing it with such passion and love? I had no clue, but something inside me changed.

I looked at the crowd, who were clapping and cheering for me. I bowed and thanked them, feeling a weird blend of bewilderment and joy.

"It was very awesome and I had no words to describe like seriously, How lucky you are Mr Rathore to have Mrs. Rathore in your life. You really love her so much which made her sing the lovely song." The host praised Aditya Rathore for his devotion to me, which I had just performed a lovely song.

He said he was speechless and amazed by our love, which was evident to everyone which was fake, it was not here.

I felt a pang of sadness in my chest as I listened to him say the word love, which was absent from my life despite being his wife and Mrs. Rathore to the world.

I walked to him and smiled which did not reached my eyes and I witnessed his lips having a faint smile. "Already fall for me?" He was sarcastic this time and I was no saint.

A Chuckle escape from my Dry lips. "Not yet, Don't get your hopes too high Mr. Rathore because in end they are going to fall with me going out of your damn life!" He was taken aback and a strange emotion displayed in his Blue orbs.

Hurt, anger and Lo-? "Let's go" He said and we started going, More like he dragging me to his car.

I didn't obliged because I was tired too.

I sat in the car and few minutes passed but he didn't started the car.

I looked at his side to see him looking at me too, I raised my eyebrow but in return I got nothing.

Suddenly he started to come closer, Which made me nervous, What was he up to?

With a strange feeling, I closed my eyes as his hot breath with coffee fragrance falling on my face and neck which tingled me.

I didn't dare to open my eyes but opened with a jerk after his next words which he spoke by coming very close to my ear. "Your actions speak something else Mrs. Rathore. You know Action speaks louder then word."

I looked at him with a angry expression and looked at my side to see the seat belt done.

Then it got me and my face turned red as tomatoes with the embarrassment of being caught and dumb.

How could I be so dumb?

"Let's go, We ate getting la-late" I said because the silence was killing me.

But not before, Witnessing a smile on his face, Rather then a stupid smirk which also is so beautiful.

I cursed at my weird thoughts and soon drifted to sleep.

I know this update is late and very short but can't help because of some issues.