9. Paris

I had always dreamed of visiting Paris, the city of love, with my soulmate. But fate had other plans for me.

I had traveled to many countries as a successful businesswoman, but I had always turned down any offers from France.

I wanted to save that experience for a special occasion, with a special person. But now, I was on my way to Paris with the last person I wanted to see: the man who had hurted me so much and even choked me to death. How did this happen?

I can't believe I'm on this plane right now. I'm supposed to be going to Paris with my husband, but he hates me and I hate him too.

We're only staying together for the sake of appearances, but we can't stand each other. We're sitting on different seats, as far away as possible. At first sit a man and then me, after that a lady and then my so called husband.

The problem is, the man beside me is trying to flirt with me non-stop. He keeps making lame jokes, touching my arm, and asking me personal questions and same goes to that lady, She was too touchy with Aditiya right before but now he is asleep.

The man doesn't seem to notice that I'm wearing a wedding ring, or that I'm not interested in him at all. My so-called husband is sleeping right now, snoring loudly. He doesn't care about me or what I do. He probably has a mistress waiting for him in Paris. I wish I could just get off this plane and start a new life somewhere else.

The plane suddenly lurched and started to shake violently. I felt a surge of fear and looked at my husband, who had just woken up. "Are you okay?" The man asked me, holding my hand. He nodded, but his eyes were wide with panic. "What's happening?" Aditiya whispered. The flight attendant came over and tried to reassure us that everything was okay. "Don't worry, it's just some turbulence. We'll be fine," she said with a smile.

The woman next to me ignored the fact that we were flying through a lightning storm. She just kept on pursuing my husband, Aditiya, and making him nervous.

She stroked his arm and said, "So, tell me more about yourself. You look like a very intriguing man."

He jerked away and replied, "There's nothing to tell. I'm a businessman. I own a software company."

She beamed and said, "That's wonderful. You must be very clever and innovative." I wanted to strangle her. She was so arrogant and impolite.

I loathed her for trying to lure my husband. I loathed him too, for not being more firm with her. We had a dreadful marriage, forced by our families.

We barely acknowledged each other, and we had nothing in common. He was a rich and handsome man, and I was a rich too but humble woman.

He never valued me, and I never valued him. But he was still my husband, and I had to safeguard him from other women who might try to take him away from me.

I had a rigid sense of honor, even if it was not recognized.

I sneezed and said, "Excuse me, but we're trying to survive this flight here. Could you please shut up?" She looked at me with a fake regret and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to annoy you. I was just making some friendly conversation."

She turned back to my husband and said, "By the way, I'm Priya. And you are?" He moaned and said, "I'm Aditiya. And this is my wife, Aditi."

She pretended to be astonished and said, "Oh, you're married? I had no idea. You don't behave like a married couple."

I exploded and said, "What do you mean by that?" She shrugged and said, "Nothing. It's just that you don't seem very loving or happy together. Are you having some troubles?"