8. Trip

Aditi perspective

Here I was, lying on our bed after the great work he had done. Papa has scold Aditiya too and Gifted me his Tesla, for which I'm grateful.

I was astonished to witness the Concern in his eyes when I was on my death bed but my astonishment was soon destroyed when he said "Don't have false hope, I did it because I don't want to be blamed by your family" We didn't had anything in between us but still it hurted me.

Every family member was checking up on me, When he choked me, He pressed my wrong nerve. It was my damage nerve or worse one and it was from my birth.

Suddenly the door opened and there he was. Aditya, the man I had married against my will. He was handsome, but cold and arrogant. He had no interest in me, except as a trophy wife. He stood there and locked eyes with me for five seconds, until I looked away.

It was night and I had made a decision that I was done being a CEO. It wasn't just my hard work, but Abhimanyu bhai sa's too. He was my brother, but more like a best friend to me. He had supported me in everything, even when I married Aditya. He gave me this company thinking I was interested in business, but I wasn't. I took it thinking I could handle it, but I couldn't and I didn't care either. I handed the company over to him, since I wasn't even a Suryavanshi anymore. That was Aditya's family name, and he had made it clear that I didn't belong.

I felt so relieved right now, because I hated working. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't notice him sitting on the bed, thinking that he is sleeping on bed I said "I'm sleeping on the couch-"

Before I could finish, he said in a calm but deep voice, "Sleep here." I gave him a confused look. "Oh, you mean you're sleeping on the couch?" He stared at me in disbelief. I just smiled nervously.

"We're both sleeping on the same bed," he said firmly. This made me gasp. He had to be kidding, right? There was no way I was going to sleep with him. "No way, I'm not sleeping with you," I said defiantly. He looked annoyed and I remembered what happened in the office. He had barged in and choked me just for a Tesla. That was ridiculous, of course, but he didn't listen to reason. He had carried me in his arm and dragged me out of there, making a scene . That scared me a bit.

I got up from the bed and walked towards the couch, feeling his gaze on me. I grabbed a pillow and walked back to the bed and put it between us. "This is the barrier between us. You don't cross it and neither do I. Now sleep," I said firmly. He sighed and then we both lay down.

He was facing my back and I intentionally did it but Now I was tired of only one side. I thought he slept and when I turned I found him staring at me. I nervously Chuckled. He leaned in and I got Scared of his next move and lean back. My face turned red and suddenly he switched of the lamp which was on my side. Reality hit me, and now I was embarrasses and that too in front of him.

I quickly closed my eyes but before that I knew that he smirked because of the effect he had on me, but I was unaware of it. After that we both slept.

I woke up late that morning, feeling like I had nothing to look forward to. The sun was shining brightly through the window, but it didn't warm my heart. He was already gone, probably busy with his CEO duties. I used to be one too, but not anymore. I had lost everything in a single stroke of fate. I got ready and put on a red saree, hoping to cheer myself up. It was a gift from my mother, who always said that red suited me best.

Downstairs, the whole family was waiting for me, including him. He looked annoyed, as usual. His eyes were cold and his lips were thin. He didn't even glance at me as I entered the room. I greeted everyone and sat next to Natasha. She was his sister and who was nice to me. "Bhabhi, there is a surprise waiting for you!" she said with a smile. Her voice was sweet and her eyes were sparkling. I felt a surge of hope, but it quickly faded when she added, "Sorry, it's for both of you." I couldn't say anything else and just nodded.

"What is it?" I asked, trying to sound curious.

"You'll see soon enough," she said, winking at me.

We finished our breakfast and then his father and now my father in law too, announced, "We have planned a trip for you, to Paris." He paused to see our reaction, which was exactly what he expected. I was shocked and he was angry.

"Paris?" I repeated, feeling numb.

"Yes, Paris. The most romantic city in the world," his grandfather said, smiling. He was a kind man, but he didn't understand our situation. He thought that we just needed some time to get to know each other better.

"Why?" he asked, sounding irritated.

"Because you two need some time alone, away from all the stress and pressure. You need to bond as a couple, as husband and wife," Dadu  sa said, looking serious. He was a strict man, who believed in tradition and duty. He had arranged our marriage without our consent.

"But we don't want to," he said, bluntly.

"That's not an option. You are going and that's final," his grandfather said, firmly.

He continued, "Tomorrow is your flight, pack your bags and in conclusion it's a honeymoon trip of 10 days."

I couldn't believe it. How could they do this to me? How could I survive 10 days with him in the city of love? How could I pretend that we were happy when we hated each other?

I looked at him and saw the same disbelief and resentment in his eyes. I opened my mouth to say something, but He cut me off.

"No," he said, loudly. "I'm not going with you."

Everyone turned to look at him in surprise. I felt a surge of courage and defiance.

"I'm not your husband . This marriage is a sham. You don't love me and I don't love you. We have nothing in common. We don't belong together."

He stood up and walked towards the door.

"I'm leaving this house and going to the office."

As he reached the door, I heard Dadu call out his name.

"Wait," Dadu sa said, urgently.

He stopped and turned around.

"What?" Aditiya asked, coldly but gently now.

He got up and walked towards him.

"You will go" he said, in a ordering tone.

He reached out his hand and touched his hand, and something in Aditiya seems to calm down

"I'll" he said, calmly to hear a gasp from everyone including me.

I looked stunned and hurt.

"I'm not lying," he said, sincerely.

"Alright Then, Tomorrow You will go their" Dadu said, Calmly . "It's a beautiful city with so much to see and do. You can visit the **Eiffel Tower**, the **Arc de Triomphe**, the Louvre Museum, the Notre Dame Cathedral and many more attractions. Maybe you can find some happiness there. Maybe you can start over."

I was baffled by his abrupt shift in behavior and his harsh insult about me. He had called me a worthless loser who didn't deserve his attention. Why did he agree to go on this trip with me when he was just turning me down in front of everyone? I had a sinking feeling that he was up to something.

I was jolted out of my thoughts when I noticed him sitting next to me on the bus. He moved closer and whispered in my ear, "Get ready for the worst trip of your life, Mio Amore. I'm going to make you regret ever crossing paths with me."

I gasped and my eyes widened at his meaning of his words and the threat. He was going to make my life hell. I understood everything he said, except for Mio Amore. What did that mean? Was it some kind of curse or a taunt?

How is my regularly consecutive update?