Chapter 29

**Zora's POV**

“Why Lucien?” I asked and she smiled.

“Because he is relatable. Just look at him,” She rubbed his chest and I subconsciously dropped her hand down. Lucien might be a fool whom I always yelled at, but it doesn't mean I hate him. I liked him and that was why I met him, so we could take over the pack together.

Lucien moved back and placed his hand on my shoulder, as if reassuring me that he wouldn't give in to her advances.

“You can't have Lucien!” I snapped.

She frowned. “Why? He is the one I want now. That Dan of a man isn't committed, and I despise people like that. If he were committed, he would have been here a long time ago.” She folded her hands and I sighed.

“He is a busy man. He must have been very busy.” I defended, even though I knew that the scumbag was probably aware of what he was doing.

“Are you sure about that?” She folded her hands.

I facepalmed again and sighed. “You don't have to worry, Sage. I will personally bring him to you.” I said and she arched her brows.

After a while, she loosened up and went back to her seat. “Alright then. Bring him tonight. If you don't, then you're banned from coming here.” With that said, she chanted something and vanished into thin air.

“Did she just disappear?” Lucien asked and I nodded. “That lady is scary,” He said as we walked out.

“She is.” I answered with a sigh.

“Don't worry, Zora. I won't give in to her advances. You're the only one I know.” He pecked my forehead and I smiled.

“I'll have to go and see Dan. We made a deal that he would spend nights with Sage, but he played me.” I sighed.

“How did that happen?” He asked.

“Never mind. It's not something serious. Go home. I'll stop at the event center in a minute and bring him to Sage.” I lied and turned to leave, but he held my hand.

“I want to come with you.”

I shook my head. “You know Sage is a horny bitch. I don't want her to set her eyes on you again. I won't waste time. I'll just talk to him, take him to her and return immediately.” I assured him.

“Are you certain?” He asked.

“Yes.” I nodded with a smile.

“Alright,” He muttered and smiled before leaving.

I sighed and made my way to the club. He would have to explain why he had the guts to play me this way. We made a deal and the fool didn't keep his part.

When I got there, I flung the door open and walked in. I used my eyes to search the place and found him seated in a corner with a glass of wine in his hands, while watching the bitch that was dancing in front of him. When she sat on his lap, I hurried there and stood in front of him with my hands on my waist. Glaring hard at the bitch, I gestured for her to fuck off, and no one had to tell her twice before she scurried away.

“What's your problem?” I snapped loudly.

“Hey, what's up?” He asked with a smile.

I felt like slapping him hard on the cheek. “Why didn't you go to meet Sage?” I snapped and he chuckled.

“Baby girl, is that why you look like you're going to devour me?” He asked.

“We had a deal.” My frown deepened.

When he saw how serious I was, he stopped laughing and wore a serious expression too. “Let's go somewhere private and talk, okay? Yelling at me like this will only draw people's attention. Do you want to ruin my reputation?” He asked and I scoffed.

Reputation my foot!

He stood up and held my hand, then led me to one of the rooms there. When we got in, he closed the door and faced me.

“So, what were you talking about?” He asked and licked his lips.

“You didn't go to meet Sage like we discussed. Why?” I asked.

“Oh, is that the reason you want to eat me whole?” He asked.

“We made a deal, Dan. I spent a night with you like you asked. Why didn't you keep your part of the bargain?” I asked.

“Because the bargain isn't over yet.” He answered and I frowned.

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

He trailed his hand down my cheeks and caressed my chin with his thumb. I shivered involuntarily and when I felt his lips on mine, I couldn't help the moan which escaped my mouth. He smirked against my lips when I pulled away slightly.

“What do you think you're doing?” I snapped at him.

“Why are you suddenly being resistant?” He asked, and  my stomach flipped nervously. This idiot…

“Go to Sage right now and do what you should have done a long time ago.” I ordered.

“I will after you give me what I want.” He said, and stepped closer until we were almost touching our chests. “What is it you want?” He asked with his eyes darkening dangerously. I gulped.

My heart skipped a beat when his lips brushed my neck and he inhaled deeply. His hands ran through my hair, and he pressed himself further against me.

I pushed him away. “This isn't what we agreed. If you aren't sticking to that, then forget about it.” I snapped and walked out.

I stood outside the door, contemplating on what to do. I needed Sage's help badly, and if I don't do this, I might not get it. Sighing, I opened the door and came back in.

“I'll do it, but please be fair this time.” I said.

“With pleasure.” He walked up to me, wrapping his hands around my waist instantly.

I felt bad for what I was doing as I thought about Lucien and how he rejected Sage for me. But I had to do this. To get what you want, you would have to go through extreme measures. And so, I got rid of the regret.

***

After we were done, he followed me to Sage's hut after we freshened up. The door opened and Sage walked out to meet us, and she wasn't smiling.

Even at that, I summoned the courage to talk to her.

“Here he is.” I smiled and Dan walked forward, but she stepped back.

“I don't want him anymore.” She snapped.

“What!” I exclaimed. “Why?” I asked.

“I can't share something with someone else. He has been used already. I don't want him anymore.” She replied.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“I smell you on him. How can you give me someone you already slept with?” She asked and I gasped.

“Your desperation will be your end. You can leave now!” She snapped and closed the door.

Oh, no!