Chapter 2

**Elora's POV**

Betrayal hurts more than anything, especially if it is from someone you love; someone you thought loved and cared for you. That day was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, but it turned out to be a miserable one. I was brutally murdered, and my throne was at stake. 

At that time, everything was pitch black with no way out. Then, I knew what I had to do, and that was to request favor from the moon goddess. She answered me and in that darkest hour, I emerged, not as before but as someone new; someone strong, someone who was ready to eliminate all her enemies.

*************

My eyes fluttered open and I exhaled. It was like breaths were gathering in my nose. I gasped and sprung up from the bed. My chest heaved up and down as if I was going to die a second time but after sometime, everything stabilized.

“Where am I?” I rubbed my eyes to see clearly, but it was all a bit blurry. Was this the afterlife? Wasn't the afterlife supposed to be clear and peaceful? I thought there was no pain after death but why does my heart ache? Why was the betrayal still fresh in my head? I wondered, but then my vision cleared, and I realized I was in my old room from two years ago.

What was I doing here? I had packed from this place after graduation and lived in the palace. What the hell was I doing back here, and why did everything look different?

I paced around the room, trying to comprehend what exactly was going, but couldn't place my fingers on it. I passed by the mirror and halted to look at myself.

It was me; me from two years ago. I still had that curly and stupid hair, looked small and naive with my glasses still on. Yes, I was a nerd, a book worm that got bullied by almost every student in college because I couldn't defend myself.

It was me; the pathetic me!

“Something is definitely wrong somewhere.” I muttered.

My phone started ringing. I checked the caller ID, it was Zora. “How dare she call me after what she has done?” That bitch! I threw the phone on the bed, but it kept on ringing. I had no choice but to answer, besides, I needed answers to what was really going on.

“Elora, where are you? The party is about to start.” Her voice boomed through the phone.

I arched my brows in confusion. What party was she talking about?

“What party are you talking about?” I asked.

“Stop being silly and get dressed already. The party won't start without you and I wouldn't be able to take a picture, duh!” She snapped.

“What party?” I asked firmly this time. 

“Whoa, calm down, tigress. Today is our graduation party, Elly. So, quit the pretense and get your ass here!” She hung up.

“Graduation party? Graduation from college?” I muttered, thinking deep.

I graduated from college two years ago. The day of the graduation was when I met that bastard, Lucien! But what could I possibly be doing back in time? I was supposed to be dead. I was supposed to have moved on to the afterlife and had peace.

Suddenly, everything became clear. I remembered my prayer to the moon goddess and shrieked in happiness when I realized that she had actually answered my prayers and brought me two years back to when it all started. When it all fucking started and I was going to put this second chance to use.