Chapter 102

Author's POV.

Zora and Lucien smiled immediately, the doctor said he didn't know how to make the antidote, the satisfaction of their plan made them smile inwardly.

The poison worked and now there was no way the doctor could make an antidote for it. Everything was going well as planned and they were so excited, thankful for the witch that hid their real faces and also created a poison that would be hard to get an antidote made them happy.

They hid the glee they felt in their hearts as they watched Damon and the doctor talk about the antidote that won't be possible to make.

Damon paced the room, his mind was blazing, it felt like everything in the world came crashing down, he tried to ignore the pain in his chest, the sting on his hand but he still couldn't stop.

"Why can't you just make an antidote for her?"Damon growled, he couldn't imagine a world without Elora in it, he couldn't stand the thought of not being with her.

He wanted more than anything to protect her and to give her a future, a life without darkness, with love. He wanted her to live a normal life, she deserved so much better but right now he couldn't do anything. It wasn't fair, it was so unfair that he didn't know how she got the poison, and now with the doctor not knowing how to make an antidote, his head was spinning.

He promised to protect her forever and his heart hurt because of this, his eyes blurred with the tears threatening to fall. His heart ached painfully in his chest, making him feel like there were needles piercing the inside.

His head pounded with pain and it felt like something inside him was breaking. He needed to find the antidote for her.

"Let me do it." Zora smirked as she watched the emotional pain evident on Damon's face.

"There's not much time left." She added.

"Luna Elora showed me nothing but kindness, and I want to repay that." She lied.

"Fine, do it." Damon grumbled, he did not trust her, but all that mattered was Elora's health.

"But make sure it works alright?" Damon eyed her suspiciously.

"Of course." Zora smirked at him again. "You'll see that she'll be fine, once she takes the antidote I'll give her."

"I'll have to go to the woods to get the antidote." She informed.

"I don't have to be followed, I'll get it successfully."

Damon scoffed immediately when he heard that, "I don't trust you enough to allow that."

"I'll make a guard escort you." He announced much to Zora's annoyance, she didn't want her plans failing with any guards following her.

"I'm fine." Zora replied firmly, she wasn't going to risk letting someone else near Her; she didn't want anyone discovering her plan for Elora.

"No, you won't tell me what to do and what to not do." Damon argued.

"A guard will follow you and that's it." He stated firmly, Zora could never outtalk him especially when he was so suspicious of her.

She sighed in defeat and reluctantly gave in. She smiled thinking of how she'll find a way and make sure the guard doesn't catch up with what she wanted to do.

"You'll help me too." She signaled Lucien who walked with her in search for the antidote.

Three guards joined them, making it a little crowded for Zora, she had a plan to escape them and get what she wanted without eyes watching her to inform Beta Damon later.

Her plan depended heavily on Lucien distracting them.

Zora kept walking through the forest until she reached an abandoned building she knew very well by heart after visiting the witch regularly around here.

She faced Lucien, signaling him and he nodded suddenly talking to the guards.

The guards replied with their eyes suddenly watching Lucien and not Zora, as soon as he started talking the guards turned their focus on Lucien without minding that Zora was there.

Zora smirked triumphantly, the distraction worked exactly as she wanted it to, they were distracted long enough and Zora ran into the building, leaving Lucien outside talking to them.

With her heart racing, Zora ran as fast as she could to the main spot; she needed to see the witch quickly, before the guards realized she was gone.

"Melissa." Zora whispered, the plants began flying and the trees were swaying, Zora knew that Melissa could hear her, she knew the witch was here.

The plants stopped moving and the grass started withering under their feet. The grass slowly grew back in front of her and when Zora looked she saw the witch looking directly at her.

Zora's heart pounded against her ribcage, she was nervous, and excited, she wanted to leave immediately as well.

"I came here to ask for something,"Zora said hurriedly.

Melissa stared at her, her eyebrows raised as she waited for Zora to speak.

"The poison worked."Zora smirked, "thank you so much for the help, with our identities and also the poison." She added.

Zora smiled happily when she saw Melissa nodding her head, she could have sworn she saw joy in the witch's eyes.

"I lied that I can heal her by making her an antidote." Zora continued , her eyes brightened when she felt Melissa giving her approval, "so please please, help us deceive them!" She pleaded eagerly, her hands clasped together in her excitement.

Melissa studied her for several moments then she finally nodded.

"And what do you want?" Melissa asked.

"I want you to give me a fake antidote." Zora replied.

"I can give them that, you shouldn't give me a real antidote, I don't want that foolish Elora to survive, just a fake one for now." She stated simply and the witch nodded.

"I hope it'll not make him suspicious of me." Zora added, "I know how protective of her Damon is, he'll kill me."

"Please help me, they are waiting for me." Zora added as the witch just smiled.