Chapter 16

**Elora's POV**

“No, please. You can't lock me up. I never wanted to do this!” He exclaimed.

“You never wanted to steal from me? What exactly are you talking about?” I asked, glaring daggers at him.

If he thought I was a fool, or I was a little girl, who could get deceived with words, he was mistaken. Very mistaken.

“It was all the elder's fault.” He confessed, and I raised my hand for the guards to let him go.

I folded my arms. “Enlighten me,”

He sighed and started, “I had no intention of coming here to act as someone interested in being a beta of the pack. I'm a farmer, and mostly into planting crops and selling them.. I know nothing about being a beta or how it works. I am Elder Moon's nephew. He came to me with three of the elders—”

“Mention them,” I cut him off with an order.

“Elder Matt and Elder Adam.” He answered, and I clenched my fists.

“Continue,” I urged him.

“They came to meet me and asked if I was interested in becoming rich. I gave them a positive answer, and they said if I wanted to do that, I'd have to become your beta. I told them I knew nothing about being a beta, and they said they would teach me along the line. Everything I told you was a lie. None of my family were betas. We are Farmers.” He concluded and I smirked.

“Alright, I've heard your story. But, what about what you just did now? Did they ask you to do that?” I asked and he bent his head. “Answer me!” I thundered, making him flinch.

“No, I did that out of my own free will. I am deeply sorry. I couldn't resist the urge to touch them and when I did, I realized their worth and dreamt of how my life would be once I sold them.” He confessed.

I chuckled and turned to face Damon. “Thank Goodness this happened in your presence. The other day, you asked why I was doing the things I did. Did you hear when he said the elders came to meet him? I'm telling you this so that you won't ask me to have mercy when I start spilling their blood!” I sapped and he sighed.

“I know how you feel, Elora. I'm right behind you on this. Those that do evil shouldn't be spared.” He said and I smiled.

“Bring him and follow me,” I ordered and stormed out.

When we got to the door of the throne room, I stopped. “Stay here and bring him in when I ask you to.” I said and walked in with Damon trailing behind me.

The elders turned to me the minute I entered with smiles on their faces. They must be expecting good news then. I didn't smile and sat down with my Scepter in my hand.

“How did it go, Luna? Where is he?” Elder Moon asked.

“He will be here soon,” I said, and they nodded. “Elders, I received the message you sent for me, but unfortunately, it's a failed one.” I began and they looked at me confusedly.

“Message?”  Elder Matt asked.

I nodded. “Yes. A beta is someone who is supposed to stand by my side unconditionally without thinking about the benefits he or she could get from me. A beta is someone who should be able to handle the affairs of the kingdom when I am not around. He or she should be like an assistant Luna or Alpha. The position of a beta is a very crucial one because any support an Alpha or Luna gets from them will determine the fate of the pack,” I looked around as they watched me keenly, waiting for me to end what I was saying. I could see the fears on their faces, they sure are scared that their plans had been screwed up. “Am I right?” I asked after I was done scrutinizing their faces.

“Yes, Luna. You're right.” Elder Moon concurred.

“I'm happy you agree with me, Elder Moon, which brings me to my question,” I smiled and they watched me. “You know all these, then why did you bring a thief to become my Beta?” My eyes darkened as I asked that question.

They exchanged confused looks before looking at me.

“Luna, you're confusing us. Please, stop beating around the bushes and tell us what really happened.” Elder Matt commented.

“Guards!” I called and they walked in holding the man. Elder Moon sprung up when he saw him and looked at me questionably. “Can you relate?” I asked him.

He facepalmed. “Hunter, what have you done?” He asked.

Hunter was silent as he looked at his Uncle. “I didn't mean to.” He answered.

“How could you screw this up? Damn it!” Elder Matt snapped.

“I'm glad you all already know what he did. The money and gold you stole from my father when he was still alive wasn't enough for you. You want to steal from me too?” I scoffed.

“No, Luna. You're getting us wrong here. We brought him because we found him worthy of the position. We didn't know he would stoop so low to the extent of stealing from the treasury.” Elder Adam defended.

It was amusing how they all turned against the man quickly when they were the ones who went to meet him with the aim of using him to achieve their selfish aims. But one thing they didn't know was that the man had told me the truth about them.

“So, what are you insinuating, Elder Adam? That you know nothing about him?” I asked.

“Yes, Luna. We saw him as a responsible person and a cousin to Elder Moon—”

“Shut up!” I ordered and he went mute.

“I apologize for what he did, Luna. Please have mercy,” Elder Moon begged.

“Mercy isn't in my dictionary,” I smirked. “It's quite annoying how you all turned against him when you were the ones who brought him to me. You met him and asked him to come act as my beta. He had zero experience, but because you needed someone you could use; someone you knew wouldn't argue when asked to do something obnoxious, you chose him and now that I've caught him, you're trying to leave him to my mercy,” I scoffed. “Shame on all of you!”

They looked at each other and back at the man, who was being held by the guards.

“You told her everything?” Elder Adam asked.

“Yes, he did. And you all are going to get punished for it.” I spat.

“Luna, you've got to have mercy.” Elder Matt spoke up.

I stood up and hit my Scepter on the ground. Elder Blake turned to look at me with a proud look on his face. I looked at Damon, and he smiled at me, giving me a nod.

“Elder Moon, Elder Matt and Elder Adam,” I called and they faced me.

They knew what was already coming for them.

“I, Luna Elora of White Tide Pack, dismiss you three as Elders of this pack. Starting from today, you cease to have a say in the affairs of this pack and are banned from coming to the palace. The day you set your feet here, I'll have no choice but to demand your heads.”