Chapter 82

**Elora's POV**

“What the heck did you just tell me?” I asked him.

“I said I would tell you everything you need to know, only if you spare me.” He said.

I ordered the guards to take him to where he would be whipped mercilessly. Maybe he wasn't in his right senses before asking to be spared after taking another person's life. The whipping should bring him to his senses. I could hear his screams as he got whipped and it was like music to my ways. He was a wicked man and desm deserve sympathy nor pity and definitely not mercy.

After a while, he was brought back, looking almost half dead.

“Now, what did you tell me again?” I asked, thinking the whip might have reset his brain, but I was wrong.

“Spare me.” He coughed out blood.

I frowned. “Your audacity today is alarming, Elder Brent. Do you think I need your help to find out the whereabouts of the elders? And do you think I'd spare you because I want to know where Dexter is? How dare you act like you're about to do me a favor?” I yelled at him and he flinched. “Who exactly do you think you are to say that to me?” I was so pissed.

What the heck?

“You committed murder and expect me to spare you?” I scoffed. “You must be dreaming.”

“I'm sorry if that offended you, Luna, but you have to listen to me. Dexter is planning something very evil, and I'm sure you might not be able to stop him this time around.” He said.

“Why do you suddenly care about me, Elder Brent? Is it because your life is in my hands right now?” I asked with a smirk, and he gulped down nothing.

“I'm sorry. I've always cared about you, Luna. Even when the elders usually plotted against you, I used to be the one to scold them, that's why they excluded me from the majority of their schemes. I've always stood by you, even by your father —”

“Don't you dare bring the late Alpha into this, you weasel!” Elder Blake snapped before I could say anything. I was about to ask him to shut it too because he was one of the people that duped my father when he was still alive but Elder Blake beat me to it.

“Elder Blake,” He called, but Elder Blake didn't answer and just stared at him in anger.

“How dare you claim to be by the side of the Alpha? You were one of the people who stole from him. The Alpha was so gullible because he trusted you people, and you took advantage of that. You all stole his gold and made huge amounts of money from them.”

“No, Elder Blake. Don't you remember? I wasn't a part of it.”

“I remember everything that happened vividly, Brent. I remember how you almost beat me up because I threatened to report your atrocities to the Alpha. I thought you've changed, but I had no idea you were working for the sworn enemy of your Luna. Shame on you!” Elder Blake spat.

I looked at Elder Brent in disgust. “Now, where were we? Oh, yes, you were about to spill everything you know to me.” I smiled at him.

“No, I wasn't about to do that. I only said I'd do it on the condition that you spare me.” Elder Brent argued.

I walked to where one of the guards stood and stretched out my hand to him. Getting the message, he dropped his sword in my hand and I walked back to where Elder Brent was.

“If you aren't ready to spill the beans, I have other ways to make you talk, Elder Brent and trust me, my ways are very painful…” I gave him a deadly stare. “Very, very painful,” I laid emphasis on the word 'painful' and noticed how he broke out in cold sweat. This should be effortless. “So, should we do it the nice way or the hard way?” I asked.

He bent his head for a while, as if he were thinking and weighing his options. When he looked up, he stared directly into my eyes.

“I stand on my words, Luna. I won't speak until you give me your word.” He insisted.

I sighed. “Fine, we'll do it your way then,” I chuckled and gestured for the guards to bring him to his knees. They grabbed him and did as I commanded.

I placed the sword on his neck and he shuddered. “I know you've witnessed me do things similar to this or exactly like this to people that step on my toes. Congratulations, you get to experience yours today. Let's be quick because I haven't got all day, Elder Brent. I'm certain that wherever Gina is, she's awaiting your arrival,” I smiled. “Now, spill everything and leave no single detail out.”

“I won't!” He snapped.

I pressed the sword to his neck, his skin was already starting to tear. “Aren't you going to talk? This sword is thirsty,” I scoffed and clicked my tongue. He was still quiet. I had to raise the stakes because he was daring me. I had no intention to kill him now because we needed him to take us to the elder's hideout, but he didn't look like he was going to talk soon. It was obvious that he was daring me.

“Come on, say something!” I made sure my voice sounded low and threatening.

When he wouldn't budge, I raised the sword and gave him a cut on the side of the neck. Blood gushed out and he screamed.

“I'm warning you for the last time. I'm going for your throat next!” I raised the sword again.

“Stop!” He yelled, and my hands stopped in midair.

“I'll tell you everything you need to know.”

I brought the sword down. “Start talking.”

He coughed out blood and looked up at me, his face all sweaty. When he told me everything that Dexter did, I wasn't surprised, actually — the man was capable of things like that.

“He told me he had a big plan and that he was going away for a while. I asked him to tell me what the plan was, but he refused.” He explained and I sighed.

“What about the elders? Where is their hideout?” Damon asked, and I nodded, waiting to hear his response.

“An old hut deep in the woods.” He answered, and I smiled.

If the elders were also in on this, then there is no doubt that Dexter would be there with them as well.

I was finally going to get him!

I faced Elder Brent. “Take us to the hideout.”