Chapter 48

**Elora's POV**

“Scrub harder! You aren't doing it the right way!” I snapped at Lucien and Zora, whom I had taken from the coal mine to aid in cleaning up my room, with handkerchiefs.

“There are brooms and mop sticks that we can use, Luna. This one is pure torture.” Lucien complained.

“Exactly. I want you to feel pain. I haven't even started. You two will pay for everything you've done to me.” I said and they exchanged glances.

I know they might be thinking that I'm punishing them because of the drugs and stuff, but that's not it. I'm using that as an excuse to get my Revenge. My revenge for the pain they cost me; for the sword they pushed through my chest and for how they brutally ended my life.

I glared at Lucien and Zora, still seething with anger at the memories of what they had done to me. I knew that they were sorry, but their apologies were not enough to erase the pain they had caused. It was something that would never be accepted.

“We're genuinely sorry, your highness. We know we've done wrong in your eyes, but please, have mercy!” Lucien begged, his voice breaking in a way that brought a smile to my lips.

Why don't I play along?

“I appreciate your apology, but it's not enough. You both have caused me so much pain and suffering in the past, and I'm not ready to forgive you just yet,” I said, my voice cold and stern.

Lucien and Zora looked at me with remorseful expressions, knowing that they had to work harder to earn my forgiveness. I could see the fear in their eyes, and it pleased me to know that I had the power to make them feel that way. And I was psyched because I was going to do more; so much more, to make sure they suffered.

“Understood, Luna. We'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you,” Lucien said, his voice shaky.

I nodded, satisfied with their response. “Good. You can start by continuing to clean up my room until it's spotless. And then, you'll do whatever else I ask of you unquestionably,” I said, my tone firm and unwavering.

As they began scrubbing the floors and dusting my belongings, I watched them closely. I knew that I couldn't trust them just yet, and I wasn't willing to give them the chance to prove themselves.

In the near future, they would never dream of crossing paths with me again because I will make sure I see them bleed and watch as they bleed to death as well.

Zora would look at me at intervals, but heck was I going to have an ounce of sympathy. As they scrubbed, I remembered the words they had said to me, I remembered the insults and how they looked down on me because I was an omega, I remembered the hurtful words Lucien used on me that day. He threw everything we shared away and acted like someone who had sold his conscience at a cheap rate.

The more I thought of it, the more the hatred I had for them intensified. This was only the tip of the iceberg.

I walked out of the room when I got a mind link from Elder Blake, and stood by the door. I gestured for a guard to go in and watch them closely.

“When they're done with my room, take them back to the coal mine. I'll ask for them when I need them.” I said with a tone of authority and walked out.

When I got to the throne room, I saw Damon standing with Elder Blake and Elder Brent.

“What's the urgent matter?” I asked as I approached them.

“A complaint reached me today that the water at the river is contaminated. We went to the river to check, and we found that there were bunches of sorts in it; something that shouldn't be there in the first place.” Damon explained and I sighed.

“Can you take me there?” I requested.

They nodded and we left immediately. When we got to the place, I gasped at the amount of dirt in the water. How on Earth did this happen? This is water that people drink and cook with, for goodness’ sake!

“This is unbelievable. Where on Earth did all this dirt come from?” I asked.

“We have no idea. The problem now is that the people are complaining about it.” Elder Blake said, and I let out a sigh.

“We need to clear the place and treat the water, so the people would be able to use it.” I suggested.

“Yes, you're right, but how do we do that?” Elder Brent asked.

“Damon, please rally up the omegas. They will be the one to do it. I want it done today, so the people would at least see a place to get water from.” I ordered.

Damon bowed and left to do as I've said.

Elder Blake nodded. “It would be better that way. And if there's a way we can find where the source of all this contamination is from, we might also be able to get it sorted out from there. When your father built this, he made sure it was in a place where dirt would not easily get into it. He made sure of that, I don't know where all these came from.” Elder Blake facepalmed and I sighed.

“Same here, Elder Blake. I have no idea why, either. It makes me have the feeling that someone did this on purpose.” I said.

“Why would anyone want to do that?” Elder Brent asked.

“Why are you acting as if you weren't here and saw how I took back my father's throne? You were here, right?” I asked and he nodded. “Isn't it obvious to you now that I have haters everywhere?” I asked and he nodded.

“Now, I understand you. But this is terrible, and it's totally an immature way of getting back at you.” He said and I sighed.

“Whoever this is, he or she should not let me find out their identity because it's not going to be funny. You can't risk the life of my subjects by contaminating their water and expect the moon goddess to bless you or for me to spare you.” I said with my eyes narrowed at him.

He sighed and looked away.

I swear, Elder Brent, if I find out that you had a hand in this, I will lock you up for days and then punish you severely.