Chapter 50

“What! You're terminating the contract?” Mr. Watson asked.

“You suggested it.” Elora answered calmly and he kept quiet. “Wait, Mr. Watson, did you think your company has anything to offer to my father? Were you taking me for a fool? If you think I have no idea about the worth of my father's company then you're wrong. Your company has added nothing to our success so far. The only thing it has added is pain, betrayal and fraud.” She snapped and he moved back from her.

He didn't know how she got to find out about his exploits in the company. It was one of those things that had been in their contracts but not disclosed to him. That wasn't like Elora at all. Her parents owned many properties throughout New York and they were quite rich enough to do without them. They even kept several mansions themselves and have a lot of money.

"Elora, this is business. I'm just trying to make sure we're both well served by this deal.”

It was an obvious lie and she didn't buy into it. "You call fraud a business?" Elora couldn't believe that despite him being a wealthy man, he would stoop so low to engage in fraudulent activities. She had always known people like him to be dignified but the man was very greedy and full of contempt. She would make sure she dealt with Zora for his sake.

"Elora, you're getting me all wrong here. This company needs me and if you don't release my daughter at once, I will take my hands away from here." He snapped and Elora chuckled.

He must take her for a fool. "I'm sorry, Mr. Watson but I can't do that. I don't want your help neither am I in need of your company's help. This company would do Excellently well without you." She replied and he frowned at her.

There was no doubt that she had really changed. She wasn't the Elora he knew at all. How was he going to save Zora from her grasp now? He knew he had no say when it comes to matters like this because she was the Luna, but still he didn't want to go too low and beg her. She was old enough to be his daughter and he wouldn't do such an Abominable thing.

Elora pointed at the contract, urging him to sign it.  When he said he would terminate his contract with their company, her joy was boundless. She felt like she was Killing two birds with a stone. If by chance he terminated his contract, her father's company would be saved from his fraudulent activities and not just that, she would be saved from the stress of digging out his secrets and embarrassing him.

Mr. Watson was not ready to sign the contract. If there was anyone who needed that contract, it was him. He needed the money he was stealing so as to expand his own company and he wouldn't be letting such juicy opportunities end like that.

"Drop the contract for now." He said.

Elora scoffed. "Terminating this contract is the best thing that'll ever happen to you, Mr. Watson. Save yourself and your company the shame of facing my wrath and leave immediately. If you don't terminate this contract, I would have no choice but to investigate your company by myself and when I do, you can be sure the consequences would be grave. Accept this termination as my mercy right now and save yourself the stress." She said but he didn't take her words seriously. After all, she was just an eighteen year old girl. There was nothing she would be able to do to him.

"I said that I am not signing this contract, Elora. what's your deal anyway?" He snapped and she chuckled.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

He looked at her for a while. The look on her face was intimidating but he was not going to allow it to get to him. He had done different obnoxious things in his days, from defrauding Mafia drug Lords to other tough people. An eighteen year old girl should be a piece of cake.

"I am not signing," He said and Elora sat down. "Like I said before, I am giving you 24 hours to let my daughter out of there. Do not make me come back here. I don't care about whatever stupid beef that's going on between the two of you, but it is wrong to use your power as a Luna to exert revenge." He snapped.

"If only you knew what your daughter has done. Anyways, I have no explanations to give you, Mr. Watson. My decision will stand today, tomorrow and up till whenever I want it to stand. There is absolutely nothing you or anyone can do about it, so leave my office if you're not ready to sign this contract!" She snapped at him.

"I'll leave but I'll be back. I won't let you lock my daughter there for long. Get ready to release her!" He snapped and walked out.

Elora slammed her hands on the table. "Who does he think he is giving me orders like that!" She snapped and Damon walked to meet her.

"I understand how you feel, Elora. Ignore the old hag. He isn't worth your time." He said to her and she sighed

"For what he has done, there is no damn way I'm releasing his daughter. I will make sure she suffers there for what she has done to me. Not her or anyone around her would be spared " She said.

She would make sure Zora suffered the weight of her wrath. The mistakes she had made in the past will not repeat themselves. She had trusted too many people, done a lot of things to Favor others and forgotten herself just to make people happy but they turned against her and in the end, she lost her life.

She won't repeat the same mistake twice. Not in this life or the next to come.