Chapter 113

*Authors POV*

Damon asked the guards what urgent news was he talking about.

"We were able to carry Elena, Elder Blake's daughter to where Elder Blake's was hidden secretly." The guard replied.

"That's great, I'm pretty sure that Dexter had tried looking for Elder Blake after finding out he betrayed him." Damon said nodding his head with affirmation.

"It was indeed a good news." He added.

"Yes sir, Elder Blake requested that he wants to have a word with you, maybe if you are free, then you meet with him." The guard said.

"Sure I will, thanks, you can go ahead." Damon responded and the guard took a bow and left.

Damon returned to Elena and sat next to her.

"I'm so proud of you and how you have taken things upon yourself, ensuring Elder Blake's and his daughter's safety." Elora exclaimed tabbing a finger against her chin.

Damon's lips crept into a cute smile.

"I know how cunning Dexter is, he won't give up so easily, we can't celebrate victory yet."

Damon replied.

"I know, but thank you, no really, thank you for everything." Elora said.

He pulled her nose jokingly.

"I don't even understand why you are thanking me, you are my mate and I'm your beta, I have double responsibilities on you, and what I'm doing is just fulfilling my responsibilities with a touch of love." He winked at her.

"You are so silly." Elora said and they laughed.

After a while, he stood up.

"Are you going anywhere?" Elora asked.

"Missing me already?" Damon asked back grinning at her.

Elora beamed, knowing that she doesn't want him to leave even if it was just for a minute, no, a second, she felt warm and safe with him by her side.

"Oh don't get that in your head, I'm not going to miss you, I was just, you know, being kind and trying to know where you are heading to." Elora scoffed rolling her eyes.

"Lies don't fit you, okay, I'm sad, tell me that you are going to miss me." Damon pouted.

"No way dude, I won't." Elora replied and wanted to laugh at his reaction but covered her mouth with her hand.

"Fine, I will miss you, I don't want you to go, just tell me, where are you going?" Elora asked.

The frown on Damon's face was replaced with a smile.

"Elder Blake sent a message to me, he want to have a word with me, so I think I'm heading there since I don't know how important what he wants to say has," Damon answered.

Elora nodded her head agreeing with what he said.

"Yeah, it most be so important, since he sent you a message, anyways, just be safe and come back early, I don't want to miss you so much, why don't we just go together." Elora stated.

"No honey, you can't come with me, I mean, I can't risk your health, I promise to be back early." Damon said and she pouted

"Why do I feel like staying for long just so you can miss me more, just that my heart cannot handle being far from you for long, I'm afraid my blood can shoot and I will die, so I better return back early." Damon added and they laughed, then kissed again. He was finally able to convince her to stay back while he went to meet Elder Blake.

"I love you." Damon muttered looking into her eyes.

"I love you too." Elora replied and they kissed again, he then hugged her and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Bye." He said.

"Bye." Elora waved at him and watched him leave and her smile slowly faded away, she was already missing him, just as she expected, she always wondered how she became so attached to him that she didn't want a minute to go by without seeing him.

As Damon walked outside, he headed straight to Zena and Luca.

"I will be out for a while, please stay with the Luna until I'm back." Damon instructed.

Zena nodded.

"I will hold you both accountable if anything happens to her while I'm away." Damon warned.

"You don't have to worry, we will protect her." Luca replied.

"That's great, thanks." Damon said and left.

*

At the secret hideout he took Elder Blake, Damon carefully arrived and checked left and right to ensure that no one followed him.

As he entered, Elder Blake was happy to see him.

"Welcome, Beta Damon." Elder Blake greeted, delighted to see Damon.

"Thanks, Elder." Damon replied.

"How is the Luna doing?" Blake asked.

"Well, she is fine now, she was poisoned two days ago but she is recovering." Damon answered.

"What! Poisoned!" Elder Blake gasped.

"But who poisoned her?" He said.

Elena joined them and that was only the part she heard.

"Oh my God! The Luna was poisoned! By who? Is she okay now?" She asked really worried.

"Yes, she is better now, I have been investigating about the culprit but I still can't find out who, the doctor said the poison had been fed to her for some time and it only reacted two days back, I don't even know who to suspect as everyone is looking innocent." Damon answered and Elder Blake sighed.

"The Luna is surrounded by her enemies on all sides, I can say that you are the only one that wishes her good in that palace, please be careful, and I wish you good luck, don't trust anyone as everyone can be a suspect."

Elder Blake advised.

"Thank you so much Elder, I won't stop investigating until I find out who dared to hurt Elora, and then the person will pay dearly for it." Damon vowed.

They talked more about why Elder Blake wanted to see him and it was indeed important, Damon had promised Elora to return early so after the conversation he stood up.

"I have to go now Elder, the Luna is alone, I will come back very soon." Damon said and they bade each other bye and he took his leave.

*

A while later, Beta Damon returned to the palace and went straight to Elora's chamber and he saw the most shocking yet very exciting thing.

"Oh my God! Elora, you are walking!" He yelled with so much happiness and grabbed her hugging and turning her around.