The Lee brothers

If Minho didn't meet Jisung, he wouldn't have let himself talk about his parents

-Hyung?

Felix heard the door cracking open and felt his heart lighter as he thought his brother had come to rescue him.

-There you are! Jisung caught his breath. I've been looking for you throughout the whole school, man!

-Jisung? Where is hyung?

-Home. He sent me to pick you up.

-That's alright, Felix forced a smile. I'll wait for him to come. Maybe the rain will stop, he crouched down and covered his ears as he stayed under the table.

-Oh... Jisung connected the dots in his mind.

He took the spot besides Felix and watched the shadow of the trees flashing on the walls with every lightning strike.

-Felix?

-Yeah? the younger replied with a small scared voice.

-You said you can't remember your parents. Is that right?

-Ye-yes. -So Minho was your only parental figure. Felix turned to face Jisung with a shocked face.

-What?

-Minho has been your mother and father, hasn't he? He worked hard to make up for their absence and in the process he found it as a distraction from the pain. He missed them and didn't want you to feel the same.

-Hyung is my brother. What you're saying doesn't make any sense, Felix scoffed before flinching in fear at the thunder.

-Is it? Usually the older siblings take the role of the parental figures when the parents aren't around. Minho is no exception. But Felix... He is neither your mom or dad. They are gone. He is your brother. And he deserves as much love and care as he gives you. He doesn't owe you anything.

-But I love him. Have I done anything wrong? Felix felt tears building up in his eyes.

-He doesn't show it, but he is in pain. Show him that it's okay to cry. To mourn. That he is free to feel helpless sometimes. He doesn't need to be strong for you all the time.

Felix remained speechless, questioning his whole life while Jisung looked around like a lost puppy.

-What are you doing?

-Here! Jisung placed his phone down and watched the colourful lights project across the room, camouflaging the lightning trail.

-Now for the thunder, I shall interpret one of Changbin's masterpieces: "Doodle", he bowed before an astonished Felix.

As Jisung rapped Changbin's verses, Felix completely forgot about the storm. Moreover, he enjoyed the performance and counted Jisung as one of the 7 that'll help Changbin develop "Domino".

-So? How was it?

-Amazing! Felix clapped his hands. One question though.

-Go ahead.

-Why are you covered in dough?

-Oh, your brother threw flour in my face and then I had to run through the rain to pick you.

Felix smiled, looking at Jisung with such loving eyes.

-What?

-You changed.

-Did I? Jisung tired his head dumbfounded.

-Yes. Love changed you. And you help us change too. I'm really glad Minho hyung found you. I'm really glad I can call you part of my family, Jisung. I truly love you! he got emotional again, but for happy reasons this time.

Jisung tried to open his mouth, but no words would come out. He kneeled and bowed as he stared at his number going down fast.

-I'm grateful for calling you my brother, Lix. Thank you for putting up with my brat attitude and giving me endless changes!

-I promise you... We'll find a way to break the curse, Felix kneeled too.

Jisung smiled and, for the first time ever, he let someone touch his number. Felix traced with his fingertips the number "57" on it and felt more determined than ever to save his friend for his set destiny.

.
.
.

-Oh, thank God you're both alright! Minho let himself relax when he spotted Felix and Jisung entering the apartment.

-I told you I would bring him home, Jisung said proudly.

-I know and I love you! he smiled. Are you alright, Lix?

The latter wrapped his arms around his older brother and nodded.

-You're not my mother or father. You're my brother and I'll be there for you when you feel like talking about them. I'm sorry! I didn't even see that you were hurting too, hyung... When you have time, I would love to hear about them. From the bits of memories you have with them.

Minho looked at Jisung confused and the latter shrugged, pretending he didn't know what was going on.

-Yeah, I would love that, Minho's voice broke at the end, revealing the pain he had been holding it for too long. Actually, I baked a cake for tonight. The same dad baked with me for when mom brought you from free hospital.

-Really? Felix looked up excited.

-I... I have been doing stuff to remind myself of them, but I couldn't bring it up to you. I'll show you all I've got later, buddie. I promise!

Minho's words touched Jisung who remembered that he hadn't been at his parents' grave in a while. He looked at the book on the desk and brought it to his chest, trying to calm himself down.

-Hey, babe? Jisung looked up when he heard the nickname.

-Can you read us something before our guests show up?

-You want me to read you from my book?

Both brothers nodded and Jisung sniffed before sitting down and clearing his throat.

-Alright... I can do that.

____________________________

I hope this chapter sends the right message and touches your hearts.

We don't have to be strong all the time. We can be sad and we can lean on others. That does not make us weak or less important.

As for all the siblings there (whether they are by blood or by chance), I hope you take care of each other (not one-sided, but as a team).

Thank you for reading!