The rest of my days with you

-Minho!

-Hyung, what brings you here this early? The latter asked a bit taken aback by Chan's presence at 8 am.

-I couldn't sleep. I stared at the painting Hyunjin made for me and I couldn't get a wince of sleep. I have to do something. How do I insinuate I'm crushing on him without actually saying it?

-Easy. Threaten you're jumping off a bridge if he doesn't go out with you. Be committed and jump if he says no, Jisung popped out from under the counter before Minho got to say something.

Chan seemed a little shocked and a little bit annoyed.

-Oh, come one! The whole town knows you're down bad for him. He's the only oblivious one.

-Ignore him, Minho pushed him on the side. Hyunjin asked me to go with him to get a haircut today. Go with him!

-He needs a babysitter to hold his hand or what? Jisung raised his eyebrow.

-He needs someone to tell him how good he looks. He hates change.

-That explains the unlocked door. Make sure he locks it this time, godzilla! he told Chan.

-Thanks, Min! Fuck you, parasite! he flipped Jisung and exited.

-You two will never get along, will you? Minho sighed.

-Never, Jisung laughed. Now... Shall we do something special too? he pulled his boyfriend closer by the waist.

-Like what?

-A date? I ruined it already, so we can try again.

-Sounds perfect, Minho smiled and pecked Jisung's lips.

Seungmin knocked at the door three times, getting worried why wasn't Jeongin opening it. He finally heard a set of steps and watched the door crack open. He could only see Jeongin's left eye and half of his lip.

-Hyung! Really bad moment to be here! he said panicked.

-Jeongin, who's at the door? a woman's voice asked from the kitchen.

-A neighbour! Hang on, I'll talk to him really quick!

He opened the door and moved to the hall to talk to Seungmin.

-So my parents are in town, he explained.

-And they don't know about me, Seungmin concluded.

-No. I mean yes. I mean... They do know I'm into boys. But they don't take it seriously. They are judgement and determined to ruin every single one of my relationships and pair me up with a girl. They'll be here for 3 days, so the moment they leave, I'll call you, I promise.

-Oh... Alright, no rush, Seungmin replied with a long face.

-Hey! he gripped on his boyfriend's shoulder to initiate the eye contact. This changes nothing, you hear me? I'm not hiding you because I'm ashamed of you. I'm doing it because I want to protect you. You're still the man I want to spend the rest of my days with. Keep that in mind.

-Wha... Seungmin's mouth parted slightly.

Jeongin's face turned red as soon as he realised what he said. He backed off a bit and stared at Seungmin who was as shocked as him.

-I... I would have ended up saying it anyway. I mean it. I know it's rushed and I might have scared you just now, but I mean it. We'll talk about it later! he said before closing the door in Seungmin's face.

-1,2,3 and step! Turn and front! Don't slip!

-My shoes are slippery! Changbin whined.

-Dance without them, Felix gave him a solution.

In the mirror the freckled saw his best friend leaning on the doorframe.

-You two are having fun, the youngest said.

-Minnie! Changbin ran to the latter under Felix's shocked eyes.

-Since when are you two so close?

-Since I saw him naked, Changbin blurted out without thinking it.

-You too? Felix high fived him.

-Why is everyone's proudest achievement seeing me naked?

-It's a must, Felix shrugged. Did he entered while you and Jeongin were down for a quicky?

-No. I was just in bed and he was getting ready to work. Anyway... Something really strange happened today, but I will tell you later about it after you're done with training Changbin hyung.

-Is it about Jeongin? Did he do something to hurt you? I'll smack him! Changbin punched his palm.

-He... He said something that surprised me. I'll talk to Lix later! Have fun! he excused himself and left the two alone again.

-Where were we? the choreographer asked.

-Maybe I should go talk to Jeongin. His boyfriend seemed really upset.

-It's none of our business, Bin. We can comfort them, but we should not interfere, Felix explained.

Changbin chuckled like a kid and Felix noticed it.

-What did I say?

-You called me Bin. I'm your friend now, he smiled.

-What do you think, hyung? Shorter? Hyunjin tilted his head in the mirror like a lost kitten as Chan bent over his shoulder to look carefully at Hyunjin's freshly cut hair.

-You look amazing, Hyunjin.

Hyunjin's smiled dropped in a dissapointed face.

-Ah... I see. Maybe a buzz cut will do, he said silently.

-You look amazing either way, Hyunjin. Because you are comfortable with it, Chan added. Don't mind others' opinion, please! If a buzz cut makes you happy, then do it. If you will feel better and free, do it. I will be your number one defender anyway.

Hyunjin felt tears building up in his eyes. He blinked fast to get rid of them and looked at Chan's reflection, acknowledging how close he was to him.

-I will leave it like this for now, he cleared his throat and quickly got up from his seat.

-Should I get a haircut too? Chan looked in the mirror without paying attention to the taller.

He suddenly felt a pair of lips touching his cheek. Hyunjin backed off as Chan stared in disbelief.

-What was that for? he asked fidgeting.

-Thank you for coming with me, hyung! Hyunjin bowed. And thank you for being you. For being my muse and my friend. I'm lucky to have you so close. Now let’s go grab some food! he changed the subject before Chan could reply.