Grave New World

Começar do início

"Isabel?"

Isabel followed her voice, bumping into walls, but just grateful to get out of there.

"Isabel!"

She turned a corner and crashed into Aria, making her stumble backward.

"Oh my god, Isabel, where were you?" Emily gasped as Isabel regained her balance.

"I followed Red Coat. I- I thought that-" Isabel stammered.

"It was Ali?" Spencer asked bitterly. "Do you know where the exit is?"

"I did," Isabel shrugged. "But these passageways are so confusing, I..."

"Come on," Spencer sighed, and they started walking again.

"How old is this place?" Hanna gulped. Suddenly, the lights flickered, and that damned wind started up again.

"Where's that wind coming from?" Aria frowned.

"There must be an open door somewhere. Keep walking," Spencer replied. Isabel noticed for the first time that the Greek statues were covered in cobwebs. The wind whizzed past them harder this time, hitting them like concrete.

"What's going on?" Hanna asked as they struggled against the growing currents.

"Hold on! Get against the wall!" Spencer shouted, and they flattened themselves against the wall.

"Ow!" Hanna yelled.

"Hold on, hold on to me," Aria called, and they all linked hands.

"What is that?" Emily asked

Hanna's hat smacked Isabel in the face. "God, ow!"

The lights shut off, and they stood there, praying, begging for the wind to stop.

And then it did. Just as quickly as it started up, it died down, leaving them panting. Isabel held Hanna's hand tightly, but it was as cold as stone.

"Hanna, are you... ah!" Isabel exclaimed, seeing a statue in place of Hanna.

"Where's Hanna?" Spencer blinked.

"She was right behind you, wasn't she?" Emily asked Aria. "Weren't you holding her hand?" she added to Isabel, who was staring at the statue with wide eyes.

"Hanna?" Spencer called, retracing their steps. "Hanna?"

"Where did she go?" Aria asked.

"Hanna?" Emily yelled.

They searched near and far for her with no luck.

"Hanna! Can you hear me?" Spencer shouted.

"Why did you let go of her?" Emily scoffed at Isabel and Aria.

"I didn't," Aria huffed.

"I held on to her the whole time," Isabel agreed as they hurried through the halls. Her heels were killing her.

"Until you grabbed a statue," Spencer shot back.

"Guys, I didn't let go of her!" Isabel yelled.

"Even if she let go, why would she just leave like that?" Emily asked.

"She wouldn't," Spencer muttered as they came to a stop in front of a message written on the wall.

'Help me.'

"What is that?" Isabel gulped.

"'A' has the both of them, doesn't he?" Aria realized as Spencer picked up Hanna's battered hat.