"You ready to go eat ma?"

I nodded. That's all I could do. I was internally embarrassed at how fast he could make me feel so hot and bothered that I couldn't even speak.

Walking into the chicken spot, I was thankful it was at least clean, and it had seats and booths for people to sit.

...

I debated the entire night whether or not I should bring up the situation with his ex. Right now we were debating whether or not it was cold enough to wear Uggs yet. It being October it was a bit chilly, but there were days where it was a little hot.

"I seen Ashley with them long ass boots on the other day, I damn near smacked her ass in the back of her head."

I laughed, "Leave my girl alone. She a winter baby so of course she gonna bring her winter gear out early."

Just as Ezriah was about to speak he was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing.

Incoming call from: Mother.

I let out a sigh before excusing myself and making my way towards the bathroom. My mother only called me when she needed something, or something was wrong. Although she practically disowned me once she found out I was a bottle girl at the strip club, she wasn't prideful enough to not ask me for shit. It seemed as if every other week she had her hand out.

"Yes mom?"

"Hey Cimani, are you busy right now?" The urgency in her voice made my heart skip a beat. Something was wrong.

"Uhh, a little. Everything okay?"

She sniffled a little before responding. "Your dad is in the hospital. He has dementia baby, it seems as if it happened over night. He woke up not knowing who I was, and it just went from there."

It took a minute for me to process her words, my dad & I's relationship was a little rocky but mostly because of my mother. I always felt as if he could've defended me more when it came to her but as I got older I realized I was asking him to chose between his daughter and his wife, that was selfish of me.

"W-what?"

"We're at the facility right now. They're still running tests. Please come, maybe seeing you and Chloè will put him in a better mood."

I felt my eyes water as I held the phone to my ear. "Send me the address. I'm coming now."

I hung up the phone and I couldn't help the tears that fell. Dementia was an ugly disease, and I knew because my grandma had it. It killed her in her sleep, it ate away at her brain so bad that the grandma that I knew was gone. It's like her brain went from adult back to new born.

Ezriah.

It had been ten minutes since Cimani went to the bathroom and I was starting to get worried. I hope she ain't dip on a nigga, the chicken spot we came to was the shit. I ain't mean to look cheap but I thought it would be a vibe.

Five more minutes passed and I called the waiter over and paid for our food. I placed a $20 bill on the table and made my way towards the bathroom. Something was wrong, I could feel it.