I looked over his outfit once more and cracked a smile, we did unintentionally match and it was cute. One of my closest friends was a fashion designer so I did get a lot of tips and tricks from her, that and embracing my own unique style. My fit for the day was calm though, I knew how to turn it up a notch and when to bring it down a bit.

"Thanks, I like ya' style too." He grinned, and then opened my door for me.

He didn't tell me exactly where we were going, but we both dressed casually so I knew it couldn't have been any where too fancy.

The ride there I was stuck inside my head, for the entire ride. The main thought that ran through my head was if he was telling the truth. Was his ex really crazy or was he playing both sides and giving her a reason to act crazy?

Me being a woman, I know how it feels to feel played. To have a man act so wishy-washy with you that it drives you to act a little crazy. I've popped up to Jared's house a few times, only when I felt disrespected.

I wanted badly to have a real conversation about what happened between us, and I felt this date would be the perfect opportunity.

Fifteen minutes later, we pulled up in front of Chicken Shack. It was a known chicken spot in Astoria, I didn't want to kill the vibe but I honestly was disappointed. A chicken spot?

Looking over to me, I'm guessing Ezriah saw the disappointment in my face. "You too good for some Chicken Shack?"

I couldn't help the scoff that escaped my lips. "Really Ezriah? A fuckin' chicken place. I mean I don't mind but them expensive ass flowers sent a different message." Damn. I sounded like a brat, I instantly regretted my words and slapped my hand over my face.

"Damn ma, I'm not good at shit like this. I'm not used to dates and shit. A date to me is getting food, I ain't never did the candle lit dinners and shit. My brother good at shit like that, not me."

I bit down on my lip, glancing at the chicken spot. "I mean technically this isn't even a date. We're not looking to be serious anyways, let's eat."

His expression was blank as his eyes raked over my face, down to my dress. I wonder what he was thinking.

"Just cause I'm not looking for a relationship don't mean we can't build towards one."

I rolled my eyes at his response, "Nigga wasn't this your idea to not be exclusive? This ain't Burger King nigga you can't just have it your way, however, whenever. If we gonna fuck around we just gonna do that we're not working towards anythi-" I was rudely cut off by him grabbing my face and crashing his lips into mine.

He softly squeezed my face as he slid his tongue into my mouth. A soft moan escaped my lips as he slithered his tongue through my mouth, exploring. This kiss felt different, he was asserting dominance, it was passionate and long.

I placed my hand on his forearm, as he still held my face in his hand. I softly bit down on his lip and I could tell that did something to him because he pulled me closer to him. At this point the kiss got sloppy, the only thing you heard in the car was the soft music playing  in the background and the loud sound of our passionate kiss.

Coming up for air, my breath was hitched and I felt as if I was on fire. If I thought I was turned on before, It definitely didn't have shit on how turned on I was right now. His eyes never left mine, his chest heaved a little as he licked his lips at me. It was silent, but the energy I felt in the car with this man was so vigorous.