Chapter 30- Shit Happens

Start from the beginning

"Guys I'm fine just- I'm fine." Big Tiny takes a deep breath to sooth his mind and looks around at all of us. "I'm fine. Look at me- I'm not changing into one of those things." 

"Look man, there has to be something we can do." The second tallest says. "We could just lock him up." "Quarantine him." Handlebar man mentions. "We gotta do something. Why you just standing there? We gotta save 'im!" The shortest pleads to Rick. 

"There's nothing we can do." Rick says, flatly. "You son of a bitch." The shortest says, backing up. 

Immediately, his words are followed by a thump and Big Tiny falling to the ground. Gunman stands over his body with his hammer. 

The gunman looks at everyone before beating Big Tiny's head in, blood splattering everywhere. Daryl and I exchange a glance, not really knowing what to do.

Blook cover's gunman's face as he straightens up and looks at Rick, panting. 

Without saying anything, he walks away, Rick's eyes follow him as he walks. 

"Jesus H. Christ." I mumble. "What's his middle name?" T-Dog asks. "Harold, duh." T-Dog scoffs and nods. Rick just glares at us and follows after gunman; we all trail behind. 

T-Dog and I find our way to the front, gunman is protected in the middle so that he can't do anything secretly. Daryl and Rick are walking in the back, prohibiting him from running off. 

As we walk through the halls, the silence is deafening. I can tell everyone is a little off put after what just happened. The air is so tense I could cut it with my dagger. 

T-Dog and I approach a door, I put my hand on the knob, waiting for his signal to open it. He nods slightly and I quickly open the door. He runs in, ready for any potential danger.

I go in quickly after him, everyone follows. 

Inside is a laundry room. A shelving unit in the middle has abandoned laundry baskets and clothes just lying about. There's litter all over the floor and it's definitely missing some washers and dryers. 

Rick tosses the keys on the floor; they slide to gunman's feet. Gunman slowly looks at Rick, "I ain't opening that." He motions towards the other closed door. 

"Yes, you are." Rick orders. 

"If you want this cell block," I take a step forward. "You gotta grow a dick and prove to yourself that you're actually brave enough to kill Walkers on your own." "Oh I have a dick." Gunman responds.

"Hey, focus." Rick shines his flashlight on the double doors. "Now you're going to open this, just the one. Not both, we need to control this." 

Gunman sighs and picks up the keys, glaring at Rick. He looks back at his friends before walking up to the door and unlocking one of the sides. 

When the door unlocks, he turns to everyone. "You bitches ready?" He looks at me, "Don't get your panties in a twist, sweetheart. If you break a nail, you can just walk away." I clench my jaw. "I'm sure you would love to twist my panties." Gunman just smirks, turning back to the door and trying to open it. 

He pulls, using his whole body but it doesn't budge. He looks directly at me and says, "I got this." His face turning red with determination and probably embarrassment. 

Finally, with one final pull, he swings both of the doors open. Walkers that are filling the halls immediately begin to stumble towards us. 

"One job." I say, shooting the first Walker with my bow and arrow. 

"I said one door!" Rick yells. "Shit happens!" Gunman responds as everyone backs up and braces for the fight. 

As I'm backing up, I suddenly bump into Daryl, the sudden impact causes us both to stumble. His hands grip my hips tightly but not roughly, to steady both of us. My heartbeat quickens when I feel his firm hands on my hips, but it's just because of the Walkers stumbling into the room, obviously.