▪️ CHAPTER 4▪️

Start from the beginning

Tae's brother, having a few years of age differentiation with him, is a Beta on another hand. Having his complexes of another hand. Having his complexes of being neither an admirable strong alpha nor a delicate caring Omega, Kim Jimin had his shares of worries in life. He always considered himself to be unworthy of anyone. That was until his heart started to give away to his destined mate.

Nothing is easy to acquire. No relationship has a smooth sail. There's was neither, but their life has stabled now. Tae, as always remains happy for his brother, wishes for his well-being, and enjoys every moment he can get with the other. Among the few people who know his life, how it goes or how miserable it is to be exact, is him.

The Jeon's being independent live separately, in distant places. Their brother's pair lives in the States for work. Thus, the moments he gets are cordially cherished. But, what hurts is the fact that like a doll in the house of two masters, he has to act fine, when he completely is not. He feels awkward, uneasy, and out of place when Jungkook stays glued to Yeon. Not that it matters, but the looks that Yoongi gives him are uncomfortable. He feels suffocated!

Nonetheless, his work begins. The work to act smiley, cheery, and all fine when his body itches due to discomfort. Does he deserve it? What wrong has he done to deserve such a punishment? Why does he want to remain involved? Can he not get out?

"I think it's time you consider moving out." Jackson's words come floating to him.

Shall he let go then?

Many calculations many thoughts cloud his mind, preventing even the single ray of hope, clarity, or assurance. His wild mind stops the wander when his phone lights up due to an incoming call. He picks up the phone in darkness and answers.

Tae: "Hello?"

Jackson: "How are you doing? Awake?" He knits his brows together. Awake?

Tae: "What do you mean by-" His tired eyes travel to the ticking object on the wall while spitting his sentence of interrogation out. Even after the hard work of continuous display of time it never slows down until its energy is consumed.

7:30 in the morning! He never noticed when the sun rose from its sleep and cover half of his blanket with the golden hue.

Jackson: "You didn't sleep." It came more of a statement than a question by Jackson. He sounds angry. "I didn't mean to-" He tries to reason out, to show logic, but his words are never allowed to get completed. Instead comes a huge outburst from the other line.

Jackson: "Are you fucking out of your mind? You were sick just yesterday, tired! Do you wish to die? If not for yourself at least try to be healthy for the fucking sake of my concern!"

Jackson shouts, out of anger this time. His night didn't go very well out of worry for the other. There were times when his finger was one tap away from contacting the other to know if he was okay but then didn't make any move being afraid of disturbing the other's sleep. He is genuinely angry. But the long silence from the other line makes him even more worried. He now feels guilty for shouting.

Jackson: "Tae?" He calls for the other. But much to his dismay, he doesn't get any response.

Jackson: "Hello? Taehyung! Can you hear me?" Still, the silence follows. "Come on taehyung! Answer me!"

Tae: "I'm sorry." He hears a blank voice. In all the years Jackson has known this man, he has discovered that there are two ways the other lets out the pent-up frustrations. One, to cry out and wail like a kid, and two, to remain blank and shut all worries. Jackson preferred the first one said to choose. And now, he is sure the other is shutting in all of the words that might come out if he had not shouted.