Chapter 27: Someone's Watching

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates lately, because of midterms and a lot of school works😅😭

===

Third Person's POV:

While the rest of the wolves were comfortable at the house of the Neos and sharing their own thoughts while sharing their own stories, Jeno was quietly sitting at a giant rock besides a stream, not to far from their house but far enough so he could have his peace of mind and sort his thoughts, or so he thought?

Yeji on the other hand was watching Jeno, she could feel the frustration radiating from his whole being and somehow she wanted to comfort him. After talking about Ryujin and Jaemin earlier, Yeji decided to follow Jeno, sensing that something was wrong with him.

"Hey" Yeji said awkwardly after mustering all the courage that she could get, Jeno was caught off guard by Yeji's presence, he was way too immersed in his thoughts that he didn't notice her at all.

"What are you doing here?" Jeno asked, voice laced with skepticism, somehow Jeno had always been doubtful of Yeji's motives, meanwhile she clearly doesn't seem to catch the message as she sat beside him.

"I can tell you're in a bad mood" Yeji said, sparing him a glance, genuine concern was evident in her eyes, while Jeno laughed sarcastically.

"Thanks to those vampires and to you, I guess?" He added, clearly not hiding his dislike towards Yeji.

The female wolf could only spare him a confused look, completely unaware of the reason why Jeno hates her so much, Jeno haven't really opened up to the rest of their pack unlike his other packmates, but he can be civil with the Strays, except for her.

"What have I done for you to resent me so much?" Yeji asked, left brow raised, her inner wolf kicking in, not wanting to back down and let anyone look down on her.

"Tsk you really want to know?" Jeno asked back, he stood up and he stepped closer towards her, stoic expression on his face, his intimidating alpha side on full display.

"Ddaeng got hospitalized because of you, you are basically pushing her towards the Qians, and you want me to think that you don't have any ill intentions against her?" Jeno reasoned, Yeji's eyes widened, she couldn't believe that Jeno just accused her.

"Where did all that nonsense came from?!" Yeji blurted, face slightly turning red as she gave Jeno an annoyed look, Jeno upon seeing her reaction only thought that what he said was right.

"SEE?! YOU'RE BEING DEFENSIVE BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!" Jeno added, not backing down to the piercing stare that Yeji was giving him.

"Jeno, Ryujin is my friend, I care about her too!" Yeji said, trying to calm herself down despite the intense gaze that she was giving him.

"And Ryujin is my best friend Yeji, I can't lose her, I can't let that vampire manipulate her" Jeno muttered, voice muffling as a little glimpse of vulnerability slipped through his strong facade, it was quick yet Yeji saw it.

That was all she needed to witness for her to understand where Jeno was coming from, her angered expression turned into understanding.

"So that's why?" Yeji said, looking genuinely concerned which caught Jeno off guard.

Jeno's another tough one, a hard wall to tear apart as his experiences shaped him into the kind of person that he is right now, he was scary and intimidating but with that little moment, Yeji could see that he was just afraid, scared of letting his guard down, scared of losing someone that he completely cares about.