Chapter 9: Revenge

Jaemin's POV:

"So are you going to tell me something or we're just going to stare at each other for who knows till when?" Ryujin asked impatiently while sparing me a glance, I couldn't help but to smile at her as I took a step closer and I held both of her shoulders and made her face me.

"Ryujin, I don't know how to explain this but I care for you, I care so much for someone I barely know and it's not normal" I started and I bit my lower lip, trying to find the words that could best describe the situation that we're in right now.

"Renjun said that it's because you're probably my mate" I said which earned me a surprised look from her.

"Mate? Are you serious? I'm from a family of wolves Jaemin and as far as I remember our kinds are natural enemies" Ryujin stated and I nodded, I know that, that's the very reason why I didn't take Renjun's words seriously, and besides Renjun's capabilities about telling about relationships isn't that accurate, he's not someone who can specifically identify ties and relationships.

And Ryujin's very nature isn't much of a help as Renjun can't read her emotions, she was keeping all of us out.

"Unless I'm not really a wolf? Well by blood I am but by capabilities I'm surely far from one" Ryujin said to herself not really realizing that I could hear her whisper.

"I'm not sure either Ryujin, but certainly I care for you, you're the only one who can make me lose my mind like this, you've been doing this ever since you came into my life" I added and Ryujin was just listening intently to what I was saying, I can see the uncertainty in her eyes, like she was doubting what I am telling her right now.

"That's not what you said to me earlier" Ryujin said while fiddling with her fingers as she avoided my gaze, I smiled sadly as I reached for her hands, wrapping her warm hands between my cold ones as I looked at her directly in the eyes.

"Because Lia saw a vision of me being chased by the wolves because I probably killed someone which we all assumed to be you, I wanted to keep you away from me because I didn't want to hurt you" I said honestly and to my surprise she wasn't fazed at all, she even let out a chuckle as she shake her head, like I just said the most hilarious thing she has ever heard.

"Then why did you came? How did you even knew that I was there?" She asked confused, she frustration was building up as she was looking straight at my eyes.

"Because Lia saw another vision, related to the first one, I really killed someone but it wasn't you, it was those guys who tried to kill you earlier" It was such a long story, Lia saw me killing them as the future ahead of mine came crashing, I didn't know why I did as those guys were completely foreign to me.

"Then I realized that maybe it was because of you, so I tried to keep you away, just in case because I couldn't risk it, I was afraid that I might end up killing you as well" I felt my very own frustration consume me.

"That's a vision, but do YOU want to kill me?" She asked back and I immediately shake my head, there is no way that I would want to kill her, she's already too special to me.

"Then that's enough to make you far better than anyone else" She assured me and this time it was my turn to give her a confused look.

"Jaemin, if someone wants me dead then they will find a way to do that, just the fact that you want me to stay alive is enough for me to trust you more than the humans around me" Ryujin said honestly, a little bit of hope laced on her tone, and for a brief second I saw a genuine smile on her face and she was so damn beautiful, how I wish she smiled more often.