Chapter 3: What are you?

Jaemin's POV:

"Jaem? You've been so out of touch of reality since this morning, what's your problem?" I snapped out of my reverie when Jaehyun hyung suddenly popped out of nowhere here in the living room of our house.

"He's been like that since the newbie came" I immediately turned to look at Lia who also just came in along with Renjun.

"Ohh? The pretty girl that I assume to be your new seatmate?" Now it was Rose noona who joined into our conversation, they were busy talking about me yet I don't even know what exactly is the thing that's bothering me.

"The smell of her blood makes me drawn into her" I said honestly which made them all look at me, the shocked looks on their faces says it all.

"Oh Kun-ge isn't going to like this idea" Renjun commented as the others agree meanwhile Jaehyun hyung just laughed heartily at the situation.

"If her blood is what you want then just do what you want and get over it" Jaehyun hyung said jokingly making me glare at him, oh if only they knew how much I tried to stop myself from biting her neck yesterday during class.

"So I assume it's just her blood that's bothering you?" Lia asked meaningfully as she started to work on Rose's nails.

"There's actually more" I answered and sometimes I regret being honest with them because they somewhat won't stop prying into my business.

"I can't read her mind" I said honestly and now they're dumbfounded, that's exactly what I feel because I tried my best to get at least a glimpse of her thoughts but to no avail, she's like a tightly closed book that refuses to let anyone read her.

"Have you guys tried to use your abilities on her?" I asked curiously since it's impossible that only my gift is rendered useless to her, right?

The more I think about that new girl the more that I want to get to know her better, but how can I when she's close with the wolves?

"Don't tell me it's her blood you smelled the other night when we were out hunting?" Lia asked curiously which I absentmindedly nodded to, now they gave me a very judging look.

"She's with the wolves Jaemin, we're going to get ourselves in trouble if we get our lives tangled with her" Rose noona said worriedly while the rest agreed, it was a very obvious fact that the wolves already knew about our existence.

"We're lucky enough that they aren't after us because we don't feed on human blood, but if they found out that you're eyeing one of them Jaem, our peace treaty with them will be over" Renjun said in a matter of fact tone, that I know.

"But what is bothering me is the fact that you're attracted to her blood? Like she doesn't smell bad or stench? You know if she's a wolf then she would surely smell awful to us vampires" Rose noona stated again which actually makes sense, when I saw her the other night, the very first time that I got a smell of her blood, I could only smell the usual stench around that other wolf guy that was with her, but she's completely unlike that.

"Or maybe she's not actually a wolf? Maybe she's a mate of one of their pack members" Lia said and they all agreed, there's a lot of possibilities and I want to know which one is true.

Yesterday, I did try to read the mind of the wolf that she was with the other night but all I could read from his mind was that he was happy and contented with her presence? He also thinks about how he could protect her from any possible harm, including us. So maybe she's really his mate?

"Okay? You guys seem to be having a very serious conversation, am I missing something?" We all came back to reality when Kun-ge suddenly chimed into our conversation, he just arrived from the hospital and he's now removing his shoes and his coat.