Chapter 6: The Truth

Ryujin's POV:

"You're not a mortal, aren't you?"

The moment I dropped that question, Jaemin froze on his spot and he looked at me like I asked something that matters between life and death, well that's technically true but still.

"Explain why you think of me that way?" Jaemin shot a question back which also caught me off guard, I was either expecting him to laugh at my silly question or get anxious because I have an idea that they're not humans.

"You're just so... You, you're different" I said honestly while he looked amused at my answer, he rested his arms over the table and he leaned closer to my face.

"Same thoughts Ryujin, you're also way too different" He said as he looked straight into my eyes, I don't know why but that mischievous grin on his face only made him more intimidating.

We were both just quietly staring at each other's eyes, until someone caught making us look at the waiter who was now serving our food.

"You should eat first" Jaemin said as he pointed the food in front of me and I just obliged since I was indeed hungry as of the moment.

"I can't tell you anything Ryujin, it's for your own safety" Jaemin said making me glance at him, he looked at me worriedly which made me confused? So he does agree that he's hiding something? That their family isn't just a normal family of mortals?

Oh Jaemin if only you knew that my life isn't normal either.

"So what are you perhaps?" I asked curiously while completely ignoring what he just said earlier, my entire life is like walking on a thin line, danger isn't new to me.

"You're stubborn aren't you?" He said trying to divert the topic while I just shrugged.

"You won't believe me anyways" He blurted and I wanted to laugh sarcastically, thank god I managed to stop myself as I took a sip of the my drink.

"I will, I know that supernatural beings exist, Mr. Qian" I shot back and he looked amused, I am not backing down anytime soon, I am raised by the wolves, I came from a family of supernatural beings myself so I know that the possibilities of other beings exist anyways.

"I am not going to expose you to danger Ryujin" He said as he hastily took a piece of french fries from his plate, so he's indeed not a human.

"Danger isn't a new face to me, and I will find a way to know things about you anyways" Everyone I met and knew about our secrets tried to get rid of me, I have been facing danger my whole life.

"But I do know that you guys already know about us" I said and I was waiting for his reaction, he seemed to be reluctant but afterwards he shrugged and he gave me a sweet smile, like he was trying to captivate me, nice try it almost worked sadly it didn't.

"So is this you admitting that you're a wolf?" Jaemin grinned, like this was some kind of I got you moment for him but it was my turn to tilt my head as a smile crept on my lips.

"How I wish I am" I answered and I could see that he was shock by my response, can't blame him though.

"Seems like there's no use in hiding because you already know anyways" I chuckled bitterly as I stared at his confused state.

"I am not a wolf Jaemin, that's the truth" I said flatly as I looked away, I am not breaking down in front of him just because of something that I should have been over for so many years now.

"Then what are you?" He asked which made me chuckle, that's the same question I was asking myself ever since, what am I?

"I don't know either, I am just me?" I said honestly and I don't know why I am being comfortable talking to him when I shouldn't be, he's not a normal human being, he can be like my brother or something that's also stronger than a mortal like me, but he just gives off that someone that I can rely on vibes.