Four: Hunting the hunter (Z)

I was into my fourth hour of lessons when he walked into the classroom. The room fell silent, and heads fell in submission. I didn't even have to hear his voice to know who had just walked in. Nobody silenced a room like him.

"Good morning sir, It's an honor to have you in my class." The educator greets. Kaine doesn't respond and out of the corner of my eye, I see him scanning the room. His searching stops and his gaze falls on me.

"I'll be taking Mr. Green from his lessons." Is all he says. I slowly gather my stuff from the transparent desk and stand. I can feel everyone staring at me including the educator.

I walk towards Kaine with my head up eyes foward, wondering what I did this time. I hear the educator attempt to resume class although all eyes are on Kaine and I.

"Zachary." Kaine practically spits with hatred.

"Kaine." I respond looking into the cold green eyes of this monster. I hear a couple of shocked gasps behind me and smile. I keep looking directly at Kaine his black crew cut hairstyle was neat and tidy, as well as his short beard and slight mustache.

I could hear some of the kids whispering as the professor goes on about wars and animals. Most of the kids hated me, because the rules didn't apply to me. I addressed Kaine by his last name instead of sir, I kept my head up and I stared directly into his eyes.

He pulls me into the hall and slams me against the wall. I barely make a noise, by now, the wall and I had a close relationship.

"Finally, come to end my misery?" I mock knowing it angered him knowing he was the most powerful person here, and yet he couldn't do a thing to me.

"Dont think for a second you are invincible Mr. Green," he explains pushing me harder into the wall. "I own you, and everyone else here." He says trying to make himself feel better. I don't say anything, and after a couple of moments of silence he drops me, and leads me to a room I know all to well.

I walk to the door my head held high, my shoulder back, a smirk on my face. No matter how much I feared the man, I didn't need him to know. The doors slide open after they scan Kaine, and we walk in.

"Good morning Jeffery," An animated voice greets. I walk right to his desk and take a seat in front of it.

Instead of sitting though he chooses to stand. He looks out the window, his anger seeming to have diminished.

"So you're back to early classes." He states, turning away from the window. I turn to face him and look him in the eye again, something most people here would think twice before doing.

"Yeah, I just enjoy listening to hours of boring lectures about things that are in the past and people that are dead."

"With that attitude, it's no wonder your father has sent you back." He remarks.

"He's not my father." I reply.

"Without him you are nothing." He reminds me. "My respect for your father and the fact you are a valuable asset is the only thing keeping you out of the labs. My jaw clenches in anger at his threat. "Think about that the next time you throw your airpad at him."

I say nothing and he smiles knowing he's put me back into my place.

"I've been very generous Zachary, when Martin found you and asked to raise you as a guard, I said no. I told him an experiment could not be a guard." He goes back to the window. "But he showed me how your connections and abilities could be useful to have on our side. So I agreed." He turns back to me. "Dont make me regret it." He warns.

My heart drops, when one of his thoughts slip into my mind. He was tired of threatening me, and the thought I heard he repeats out loud.

"Next time I have a problem, I'll take you down to the lab and introduce you to some of our equipment."