Chapter 24: Simon Says

Alec: "Welcome back to everyone's #1 live game show: The Challenge! Let's give it up for our awesome contestant, Nino!"

Nino walks towards the stage and stands next to Alec.

Vanitas, Noe and Adrien support their guy friend, who smiles back as he goes up onstage.

You were in your own room packing your stuff since Nino invited you and the others to join, because he said something about a special surprise for you.

You wonder what it was. It cold be Vanitas, but that can't be because you've been hanging out with him a lot. SO you're gonna find out what's the secret surprise.

Meanwhile with Marinette.

She earns that she is being grounded by her parents because of how often she is absent from school.

"Grounded? For what?!"

"Let's jog your memory, Marinette. Monday morning, absent from P.E..." Tom stated.

Marinette remembers saving a helicopter.

"I was in study hall." she lied.

"Friday evening, absent from study hall." Tom says.

Marinette saving a kitten from a tree.

"I was at P.E.!" she lied again.

"You're never where you're supposed to be, Marinette! The only way we can keep track of you is by keeping you here, grounded."

"But I was invited... Nino is my friend, he was counting on me." Marinette tries to explain to your parents to support Nino during The Challenge.

Alec: "So, the challenge our viewers have chosen for you is... To get the mayor of Paris, , to dance! Thank you for agreeing to play with us today, sir. What are Nino's chances tonight?"

André: (On the screen) "Zero. I despise dancing. The last time I set foot on a dance floor, Madonna was in kindergarten."

"I know Nino's your friend. But until your unexcused absences come to an end, that's the way it's going to be." Tom say his final words as long as her unjustified absences continue, she will stay at home.

So Marinette accepts her punishment and walks up to her room.

{At KIDZ+}

As Nino was playing his tunes, a director leads a man in a shiny pink tux next to Adrien and Vanitas. They look towards the nervous man who seemed to be up next as he looks back in there direction.

Adrien waves at the man to ease his nerves and the man happily waves back, preparing to shake his both the Agreste brothers hands, but Placide I.T., the Gorilla, steps in front of them, prepared to pound the man into the ground.

"Stand down." Vanitas gave Placide a halt and step back.

No one seemed to pay them any mind as Nino continued to jam out, the mayor unconsciously nodding his head to the beat. Alec immediately noticing.

"Victory!" He calls out making Nino, smile widely. "Challenge conquered by Nino! You moved your head to the beat Mayor Bourgeois, that counts as dancing!"

"What?! That's not true! My neck was... itching, that's all." The mayor tries to lie his way out.

"Relieving an itch to the beat counts as dancing too!" Alec sees through the act. "Nino, congratulations! You'll return in one week to meet your next challenge!"