Chapter 12: Rogercop

Today everyone is in Miss Bustier's class as some parents were there for Parent's Day. Everyone was sitting down as your father, Tom was giving out his presentation.

"My day begins at 4 a.m. every morning because the bakery opens at 7. You think that the life of a baker is pretty routine, making the same pastries, rolls, cakes......", Tom explained his job as a baker.

Vanitas took this as a chance to slip out of the room unnoticed.

Opening the door, Vanitas hears Adrien on the phone, "Hi father it's me...it's parent's career day at school remember..? I was hoping you'll show up...call me back.."

Walking over to his brother, Vanitas pat his head. Adrien accepted the pat knowing who it was already. No words were spoken as the two basked in each other's presence.

A couple of minutes pass as Vanitas tarts to pull away from the effect. "Head back to your seat. I'll be there in a minute."

"Kay." Adrien nods before pass by you who watch the brother reaction, as  the blonde greet you before he went to his class.

You walk over to Vanitas as he hugged you as you return it by wrapping around his waist. "Everything alright between you and Adrien?"

Vanitas rests on top of your head sighing, " Nothing new."

You pushed his face away stuttering, "Let's just go back inside."

The two of you back into class together, you were about to go back to your seat. When you were stopped by Vanitas who pulled you into his row. Not asking it you merely holds his hand underneath the table.

"Marinette will come around and pass out some croissants baked fresh this morning." Tom said as Marinette passes out the treats.

Marinette walks by you two giving  you a slight glare, but a pitying look towards Adrien. Then she gasped when she saw you and Vanitas holding hands!

Ever since Marinette caused you grief you and Vanitas started hanging out together, you sit next to him along with Adrien now after you asked the teacher if it was okay of course.

It made Marinette frowned sadly as she recalled what she said and it made her jealous and irritated and turned around with her heels

 'They are simply just friends, that's all.'

"Thank you, Mr. Dupain. Now, let's meet Alya's mom, who is head chef at the Grand Paris hotel, owned by our mayor, Mr. Bourgeois." Miss Bustier said as Alya and her mother came up to the front of the class.

As Marinette continues to pass out the croissants, Chloé decided to make a snarky remark. "I wonder how many croissants your dad would have to sell to buy you one of these? What am I saying? He'd have to sell the whole store!"

"Well, if you're so rich, obviously you don't need free croissants!" Marinette didn't give her a croissant.

"Ugh, jealous." Chloé scoffs.

"Unfortunately, I have no dishes to share. But maybe Mr. Bourgeois will invite you all to the hotel and treat you to lunch!" Alya's mother said. Everyone applauds at the idea.

Before Marinette could reach the both of the stairs, she suddenly trips on something. It caused her to collapsed. Everyone in class gasped.

You helped Marinette picked up the croissants and picked one up that was very close to Chloe's bracelet's case. Next you helped Marinette up "Thanks (Y/n)." Marinette said feeling annoyed before continued picking up the croissants and you nods kindly before keep helping her.