Chapter 9: Mr. Pigeon

You woke up the next morning while you yawn and stretch your limbs. Brushing your teeth and wash your face you organize your stuff until your hand halted by a small hexagon box.

You picked it up and look in awe and thought, "Huh....what's this? It's too early for Santa Claus to give presents in spring." You wanted to see whats inside but you decided against it and just stuff it in your bag.

"I'll just leave it alone until I ask a professional archeologist who knows a lot about weird things that leaves something that is not mine. Or perhaps I could write a letter to my best cousin, Nian Yang Xiao." you snap your fingers in agreement. "Mhmm! Yep I shall do that. He'll know what's inside this mythical possession!"

As you made your way down stairs you say goodbye to your mom and dad when you want to walk together with you big sister who just suddenly ignores you again like last night.

It was strange to you.

And you thought you did something that upsets her or something.

~At school~

The principal is announcing to the classroom about a special event that will take place at and by the school.

"You only have one day to work on your fashion piece, and it must be your own design. In ten hours, your fittest presentation will be judged by none other than the great fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, the father of our very own student Adrien and Vanitas Agreste." Mr. Damocles tells the students, presenting a hand towards Adrien who shyly rubs  the back of his neck in embarrassment and Vanitas just snore in class resting his head under his hands while his shoes lay on the desk.

"In fact, the Agreste brothers will model the winning design in his next photoshoot. "

Marinette eyes glimmered with joy and your eyes sparkles with happiness "And now to announce this year theme." Ms. Bustier pushed a button on the remote for the scan to show...

"Derby Hats!"

A worried Marinette turns to Alya, questioning, "Derby hats?" Both of the girl's turn to Chloe who gives them a smug smile and a thumbs down.

You are sitting in the back with Nathaniel, drawing pictures of the shy boy, as he draws. Looking up slightly he sees you giving him a cheeky smile, as he turns beet red, realizing you have been drawing anime pictures of him.

The shy red head ducks under his arms, trying to hide from the sketch, as you let out a small giggle at his antics. Vanitas peaks at you laughing and  he is a little jealous of the fact that it's Nathaniel making you laugh.

Grumbling Vanitas mutters, "I could make her laugh too, you know."

Being his seatmate Noe hears him and can't help but be slightly amused by his friend's jealous behavior.

On a bench outside the classroom, Marinette flips through her sketchpad trying to find a derby hat.

"Derby hats, derby hats, derby hats, derby hats! I don't have any derby hat designs. I've got top hats, caps, even two-horned hats! A sombrero? No problem-o. But a derby?! You know what? It won't even matter, cause I'll probably make a total fool of myself at the event, most likely trip over my stupid derby and collapse on Mr. Agreste; give him a full-blown concussion and Adrien will hate me! I'll never be a world-renowned fashion designer. My life is over!", the girl rants.

Alya laughs at the blue haired girl, "All this over a derby hat? Let me see your sketchpad, girl. There must be something in here."

"Forget it, I'm a disaster, I'll probably mess it all up in the end.." Marinette continues rambling about how she will probably mess up, letting Alya flip through her journal, as Adrien walks over.