18- Anger release

Nova sat in the back of the class. Her head was still a mess from the previous day. Luckily, she hasn't seen Orion yet. Which comforts her in the slightest bit because that means she may not have a class with him. Or maybe it's not the same Orion and what she smelt was just her hallucinating from her own fear.

She sat with her head on her cheek. Her tongue plays with her lip ring, Her eyes zoned into Coach's mug on his desk. "Excuse us class we have a new student." 

Nova zones in, her hopes being destroyed by those very words. A man walks in, his hair pointed, his skin pale, with a brown leather jacket. His K9 was curled into a smirk, a chain hanging from his neck with a simple x etched into the iron stamp of a charm. 

Nova had given Orion that when she was younger. Around the time when she was obsessed with making jewelry. "Oh come on!" Nova's hands angrily slap the desk, her hands gripping the edge of the desk.

"Ms. McCall?" Surprise lacing Coach's voice. 

"He's my dumb blood brother," her hands fly up in the air like it was obvious. "Coach, If you sit me next to him, there will be bloodshed." She leaned in as close as she could as she was at the back of the classroom still. "Promise," She growls. 

Orion's head tilts in amusement. "Nice to see you too Novabear." 

Nova rolls her eyes at the old nickname. She hoped she'd never have to hear that name again. Apparently, the universe wasn't on her side this time. Her hands slap the table, standing up at her desk. The chair flings behind her, hitting a shelf that was against the wall. "Shut your putrid mouth up, you mother sucker." Her eyes squint in annoyance. Her finger points at him accusingly.

Orions scoffed, looking around the room before looking her in the eyes. "It's not called sucking up when she's your mother."

"Your mother! NOT MINE!" Her voice carries around the room, items shaking with her voice. Nova turns to Coach as she grabs her bottle and her bag. Her voice was soft toward the coach. "If you excuse me... I need to maintain my composure before I throw hands with a useless sack of meat you could ever call a brother." She walked out of the room, bumping Orion's shoulder as she went. She turns on her foot, peaking her head back in to say one last thing. "Orion is the stupid sack of meat of a brother. Not Scott," Nova states. She looks at the shocked Scott. "Scott is the best brother I could ever ask for." Her finger points to Orion, her nail scratching his face. "He is not."

Nova walks outside, dropping her stuff at the lacrosse field. She runs laps around it, her feet never faltering. Her anger got the best of her, her eyes tearing up again. Her hands wipe her tears away, the wind causing her eyes and her fingers cold. Her headphones were on her ears, stopping the access hairs from tickling her cheeks. 

A faint whistle was heard, and she pulled one of her muffs from her ear. "What's up?"

Coach stood with his arms crossed, staring at her. "You've been out here this whole time? School is over. You've been gone for 30 minutes."

Nova sighs, before walking closer to him. "Coach, I don't think you realize why I'm so upset with him. He ruined my life, he helped my step-mom kill my girlfriend!" 

Coach sighs, his finger gripping the bridge of his nose. "Now, I look like the asshole."

Nova chuckles. "You aren't; Orion is."

"Look, I trust you. I can see what I can do to get his class changed. Just- you have to at least show up for lacrosse practice." 

Nova smiles, her hand outstretching. "You have a deal." 

"Good, go get ready, there's sticks in the Girl's locker room." 

Stiles and Scott stood on the lacrosse field talking to Isaac. The team stood behind them, the coach standing next to them looking at his watch. Coach sighs loudly and blows his whistle. "Alright, I'm done waiting. Scott, you have offense, Stiles I guess you too."

Nova ran on the field, her defense stick swaying as she ran. Her hair was pulled into a tight bun, wearing volleyball shorts and an under-armor shirt. Her hair bounced as she ran, a proud smile on her face. The team cheered watching her run toward them. Scott, Stiles, and Isaac stood shocked. "Close your mouth, tiger. You might catch some flies." Stiles' mouth snapped shut, curling into a small smile as he red-tinted his cheeks.

"Finally, what took you so long?" Coach complained. His hands were at his waist, scolding her. 

"My uterus is currently shedding so I had to stop it by shoving cotton into my uterus canal." 

"Spare us the details."

"You asked."

Nova got in her position, her stick at the ready. She watched the ball as the temporary opposing enemy caught the ball. She ran at him, twirling in front of him and successfully hitting his stick. The ball launches to the ground, and she sprints at it, collects it in her net, and chucks it to Stiles, who is closest. Stiles panics and tosses it to Scott. Scott dives for it, catching it. He dodges and weaves around obstacles and scores. Nova cheers her arms going up into the air. She jumps in the air, yelling for her brother. "Fuck yeah, baby, That's what McCalls do!"

The practice game continues. The ball ends up with the opposing team and she bolts towards the holder. She jumps over him, turning in mid-air, and smacks his stick with hers. Isaac was right next to her, recovering the ball and throwing it to Scott. Greenburg shoulders him, collecting the ball. Nova growls, Isaac and Nova both chasing him. Before Greenburg could get to his net, Isaac and Nova both hit his stick, ultimately knocking Greenburg off his feet. Nova collects the ball once again and tosses the ball across mid-field to Scott. Scott throws it into the net, after dodging and jumping over someone.

After practice, Isaac, Nova, Stiles, and Scott all cheer. Even if it was a practice game Nova was very proud of herself. Even the opposing team was proud, knowing that she was their new teammate. "You're right, Isaac. This game is great for releasing anger." Issac smiles at Nova, his arm wrapping around her shoulder. Stiles intervenes, pulling his hand off her, and replaces Isaac with his arm. Nova smiles, kissing his cheek. 

Started: 9/22/23
Finished: 9/22/23
Last Edited: 12/11/23
Published: 9/22/23
Word Count: 1107